Windows Systems Administrator
This position will work on-site with a federal program. US Citizen and current security clearance are required.
Support our Department of Justice program providing Windows systems administration. This mission ensures the operational availability of state-of-the-art technologies and requires technical expertise to enhance and support investigative efforts for Counterintelligence, Counterterrorism, Criminal Investigative, and Cybercrime Programs.
The Senior Systems Administrator will support a variety of operating systems (primarily Windows, Linux) and other IT services, such as storage appliances (SAN, NAS, DAS, etc.), file servers, webservers, and virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, Citrix). Will utilize scripting languages (including PowerShell) to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services. Experience with Powershell and Windows Server 2016 are critical skills for this position.
The senior systems administrator will handle all facets of a typical system administrators routine and ad-hoc administration responsibilities including but not limited to: system builds, image management, system security, log review, backups, storage configuration, virtual platform maintenance, patch management, antivirus administration, hardware and software upgrades, performance and functionality troubleshooting, task automation, creation of system documentation, and continuous service improvement.
This position requires a high level of communication interacting with government and contractor personnel in a matrix team environment and requires clear written and verbal communication skills. As a senior member of the team, this position affords the opportunity to assess and recommend improvements to the technology and processes used to maintain the systems and network as well as to enable improvements to the digital forensic and evidence collections missions of the team.
Typical Education & Experience
10+ years of related work experience
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred. Will consider experience in lieu of a degree.
Required Skills and Education
Qualified candidates will have:
- US Citizen
- Current clearance. Must be eligible for upgrade polygraph
- 10+ years of experience in managing and administering multiple, heterogeneous computer networks in both production and development environments
- Strong experience supporting Windows environments is required. Experience with Windows Server 2016 is highly desired
- Must be well versed working with Powershell
- 5+ years of experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Active Directory services and Microsoft enterprise management (e.g., SCOM, SCCM) and collaboration tools (e.g., Unified Communications, SharePoint) consistent with Microsoft best practices.
- 5+ years of experience with the design and implementation of CITRIX-based IT solutions, including Netscaler, XenServer, XenApp, and XenDesktop
- 5+ years of experience in the design, configuration, deployment, and on-site installation of complex IT solutions
- 5+ years of experience in the evaluation, design, testing, configuration, and maintenance of network storage solutions, to include experience with Microsoft Storage Spaces
- Proven skills, knowledge, and abilities administering a variety of operating systems (Windows, Linux) and other IT services such as storage appliances, file servers, webservers, and virtualization platforms
- Experience utilizing scripting languages (including PowerShell) to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services. Must have PowerShell experience
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment with a matrix team made up of government and contractor personnel
Preferred Skills and Education
Microsoft Azure and/or AWS cloud experience highly desired. Experience working on digital forensics technology or related technologies for law enforcement or intelligence community customers is a plus.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website