Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
Position is based out of Electronic Systems Controls site in Endicott, NY with rotation assignment opportunities at the Fort Wayne, IN sites.
Engineering disciplines include electrical and software.
The Controls ELDP accomplishes its mission with the following four components:
• Technical Development
- Technical master's degree
- Internal technical development curriculum aligned with technologies which drive our business
• Leadership Development
- Yearly Leadership Development Conference attendance
- Quarterly leadership development modules delivered by organizational leaders
• Rotational Work Assignments
- Typical 1 year duration
- Diversity of work assignments (business area, product group, engineering discipline)
- New cohort mentored by graduating class
- Current participants mentored by technical experts
- Program graduates mentored by senior leaders
Products are primarily safety critical embedded systems such as flight control computers, engine controls computers, cabin systems, flight deck panels as well as hybrid-drive systems for ground vehicles.
Software Design – Rotation opportunities may include design, coding, integration and verification for software which may have to meet DO-178B/C standards.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Undergraduate or Graduate degree in engineering with a GPA > 3.0
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Capacity and motivation for hard work,
- Desire to gain strong technical foundation,
- Demonstrated teamwork and leadership abilities,
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills,
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Graduate degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
Internship experience in the engineering field
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Apply on company website