This BAE Systems program supports a federal customer who is the principal fact-finding agency for the Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. The agency is an independent national statistical agency that collects, processes, analyzes, and disseminates essential statistical data to the American public, the U.S. Congress, other Federal agencies, State and local governments, business, and labor. The Division of Industrial Price Systems (DIPS) provides for the IT operations, maintenance, modernization, and enhancement of Industrial Prices Systems (IPS) that support the International Price Program (IPP) and Producer Price Index (PPI) programs. This position will serve as a resource to other testers supporting IPS and will provide guidance on BLS and IPS testing procedures, best practices and standards.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Requires experience in manual and automated testing, overall six years of experience.
- Experience testing Java/J2EE, Perl, and Angular JS applications;
- Experience creating and maintaining Test artifacts like Test Plan and strategy, Test Cases, Automated Test Scripts, Test Results etc.;
- Experience performing test plans and test Use Cases; developing test scripts, testing activity executions Demonstrations and related activities independently using Agile Software Development LifeCycle and/or Waterfall Software Development LifeCycle
- Experience using Automation Testing using UFT One, WAPT, Selenium etc.;
- Experience performing Automation, Regression, System, Integration, Interface, Functional, Stress, Performance, Section 508 Compliance, and Cross Browser Compatibility testing;
- Experience writing test cases from Use Cases and other types of business requirements documentation;
- Experience Test and evaluate software/Application for bugs, functionality, data validation etc.;
- Experience working directly with business and/or development teams for resolution of issues with software and/or business requirements;
- Experience writing SQL queries for checking expected results and setting up test data;
- Experience with backend / batch testing in a mixed virtual/physical environment;
- Experience in UAT (User Acceptance Testing);
- Experience preparing Test Results and Test Reports
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Work well within a team or independently.
- Experience with automated test tools a plus.
- Programming/Programming script languages a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website