Your new career is waiting here!
BAE Systems, a global defense, aerospace and security company employing more than 88,200 people worldwide, with wide-ranging products and services covering air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology, and support services. BAE Systems, Inc. is a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, well positioned to support customers in what is the world's largest defense market is HIRING NOW!
We are seeking to hire a Systems Administrator - Principal. The ideal candidate maintains operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards related to the use of computing resources.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Operating systems, Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu. 5-10 years, RHCSA preferred.
- VMWare ESXi/vCenter 6.5 and above experience 5-10 years. VCSA preferred.
- Experience with OpenLDAP/IDM, DNS, DHCP, PXE, Nagious, Internal software repos, GIT.
- Cloud technologies experience with Openstack is a nice addition. Deployment and Maintaining.
- Able to configure L2 and L3 networking on Cisco devices, understanding of network topologies, CCNN preferred.
- Comfortable lifting heavy servers up to 50lbs. Able to install and patch in servers into racks and networks. Able to work on servers such as adding network cards, memory, CPU's, power supplies etc. Understanding of RAID configurations and setting up logical drives.
- EMC2 Isilon and NetAPP skills are helpful to install, configure, and maintain attached storage to ESXi servers.
- Good documentation skills.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Apply on company website