Work on board Navy and Commercial ships. Assembles, removes, installs and repair sheetmetal products and equipment such as HVAC ducting, furniture, nonstructural bulkhead systems and ceiling systems. Performs renovations of heads, berthing spaces and food service areas. Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
Required Skills and Education
1. 1-3 years Sheetmetal experience required
2. Must be able to read blueprints and understand the layout of the ship and compartment identification
3. Capable of using hand and power tools safely and efficiently
4. Basic reading, writing and math skills
5. Must have own tools
6. Ability to communicate effectively
7. Ability to work as a team member is required
8. Must be able to work at heights and in confined spaces
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Apply on company website