Primary City/State:Gilbert, Arizona
Department Name:Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Job Category:General Operations
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
A rewarding career that fits your life. Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities – you belong at Banner Staffing Services.
This position produces all required food items based on information obtained from production sheets, catering requests, prep sheets and any other approved source. Plans and conducts daily work to meet food production and service time requirements.
1. Prepares and cooks hot and cold food items using standardized recipes and calculates production quantities based on production forecast, tally sheets and catering orders.
2. May be assigned to work in the retail cafe grill area, and/or cook breakfast items.
3. Records over production and run outs. Writes directions and calculates production quantities.
4. Checks and logs food and equipment temperatures and reports any problems to the supervisor. Reports all needed equipment repair.
5. Maintains par levels of food and supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks freshness dates.
6. Keeps assigned work areas clean and in an orderly manner.
7. Assists other kitchen and dietary staff as needed and assigned. May oversee the scheduled shift for efficiency.
8. Department responsibilities only, normally deals with internal staff. May deal with customers in grill or exhibition position in retail units. Follows established procedures, recipes and work routines under general supervision.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
This position requires the knowledge and abilities in institutional food production normally acquired with one or more years of work experience in production cooking. Must be able to learn and follow established policies and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, communicate effectively, and perform simple math calculations. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and be able to perform tasks within limited time frames. Must be able to follow production and cleaning schedules, use chemicals safely, read thermometers and follow safety requirements. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
All onsite food service equipment including stoves, ovens, steam-jacketed kettles, tilt skillet, broiler, steam table, grill, deep fryer, slicer, Buffalo Chopper, mixer, food carts, dish racks, cleaning equipment and hazardous chemicals used in cleaning and sanitation.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website