Primary City/State:Sterling, Colorado
Department Name:Culinary & Nutrition-Hosp
Job Category:Facilities, Environmental Services, and Culinary
Primary Location Salary Range:$15.30/hr - $22.95/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with State Pay Transparency Rules.
You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference – and real change in the health care industry – you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
The largest city in the northeastern part of the state, Sterling is a farm and ranch community with deep roots on the Colorado prairie. Sterling's laid-back lifestyle makes it easy to explore a variety of outdoor and cultural activities, from boating, fishing and swimming in North Sterling State Park, to hiking, biking, golf, hunting-and-shooting sports or admiring unique public art.
Sterling Regional Medical Center has provided outstanding medical care to residents of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area since 1938. As a Food Service Worker you may clean, cook, serve, prep, stock, do dishes and may also handle money during a typical day of work. Must be able to work independently and as part of the established close-knit team of 10. This will be varied shifts any time between 5:30AM and 8:00PM Sunday through Saturday. Schedules are made and posted on the 15th of each month for the following 1 to 2 months. Weekends and holidays are required. If this sounds like a team you would want to be a part of Apply Today!!!
This is a per diem opportunity that will work as determined by department needs. Per diem positions are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. You will be eligible to apply to regular full-time or part-time opportunities as an internal applicant. In addition, you will enjoy excellent compensation, shift differentials, paid orientation, employee wellness program and employee discounts.
Shift: Varied 8 hour shifts anytime between 5:30am – 8:00pm
Weekend Differential is an addition $.75/per hourSterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
This position works as a member of the food service team on one or more assignments in cleaning, food preparation, patient trayline or retail café. Provides service and assistance to patients, staff and other customers in accordance with established dietary and retail cafe policies and procedures.
1. Sets up work station and prepares all assigned foods and nourishments in the correct quantities, following established procedures, portion control and food quality standards. Assures that food presentation continually meets standards.
2. Cleans and sanitizes dishes, flatware, trays, cups, glasses and cooking utensils. Also cleans and sanitizes designated equipment and kitchen areas disposing of all waste materials. Monitors dish machine temperature.
3. Maintains par levels of foods and/or supplies in assigned areas, orders and/or restocks items in accordance with established routines, rotates food stocks, checks expiration dates.
4. Checks and records food and equipment temperatures according to defined procedures, and reports any discrepancies to the supervisor.
5. May deliver meals, nourishments, late trays and/or tube feedings to units; return excess nourishments as requested. May also assist in catering or special event service.
6. May handle transactions at cash register (if applicable) and/or cafe.
7. This position interacts with other food service department personnel, hospital staff, patients and families. Requires the ability to follow a work routine with regular supervision, to work quickly and correctly while providing good customer service and maintaining sanitation standards. The work requires the ability to follow instructions and guidelines for the use of cleaning chemicals and be able to work in physical contact with them.
This position requires the ability to learn and follow established policy and procedures, read and understand written and verbal instruction, to communicate effectively and to provide customer service. Must be able to learn food handling regulations and pass certification tests as required. POS (cash register) when applicable.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility, Olive Branch Senior Center or the Whole Health Clinic must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
Apply on company website