Primary City/State:Glendale, Arizona
Department Name:HIMS Operating Svc Ctr-AZ West
Job Category:Revenue Cycle
We are looking for motivated, experienced HIMS Techs to join our talented team in the West Valley at our Banner Thunderbird location. This position will report to the Associate Director. Our Leadership team is diverse in skillsets and our focus is on teamwork. Come bring your talents to our team where we can learn from each other.
Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others.” Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life. Apply Today.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is responsible for the maintenance and preservation of confidential electronic health records. The position performs a variety of HIMS functions, including one or more of the following: record completion, transcription coordination, document imaging, release of information, and/or providing services and information to physicians and staff. May analyze the electronic medical records for quantitative and qualitative completion based on the facility's medical staff rules and regulations, company policy, and State, Federal and other regulatory agency requirements.
1. Conducts routine releases of health information in accordance with company policy and all state and federal laws.
2. Reviews and analyzes health information typically through the use of electronic health record tools for provider completion and record deficiencies in accordance with the Joint Commission, CMS, state licensing agencies, Medical Staff rules and regulations, and HIMS Department standards. Accurately maintains data related to deficiencies in the Electronic Medical Record.
3. Provide customer service and assistance related to HIMS departmental functions to patients, vendors, providers, ancillary staff, and other departments in person, over the telephone, through email, or by other means including coordinating birth registrations with State recording processes.
4. Performs the document imaging function as required, including scanning, Quality Control and Validation, to ensure scanned images are uploaded into the correct electronic health record visit and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
5. Perform current and retrospective review of scanned documents as needed through the certification process in an effort to maintain the integrity and completeness of the Electronic Medical Record and meet minimum productivity standards as defined.
6. Perform a variety of other support functions including assistance with basic transcription issues and requests, providing training for Dragon/voice recognition applications, assisting patients with completion of portal enrollment, performing merges and combines in the EHR, answering telephones, and other duties as assigned by HIMS leadership.
7. Works under regular supervision using defined processes. Conducts problem solving using a learned expertise in regulations and medical record requirements. Has assigned responsibility within a department or clinic. Customers are physicians and office staff, nursing and ancillary staff.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires the knowledge of health information practices and principles as normally demonstrated through completion of one or more years of post-high school education in medical records and information systems OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge or one or more years of experience working with medical records and/or health information management.
Requires the ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats; requires ability to inspect, read, and analyze written material. Must be able to perform and work on multiple tasks and organize and prioritize work. Requires good judgment, initiative and problem-solving abilities, along with effective teamwork skills.
Requires strong technical skills in the use of software applications and databases. Must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Is knowledgeable and proficient in accessing and utilizing all applicable EHR systems as well as other applications utilized by the HIMS department.
Current enrollment in the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Program. A background in the use of medical terminology for the assigned area is preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website