Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:IT Clinical Care-Corp
Job Category:Information Technology
Primary Location Salary Range:$40.11/hr - $66.85/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As an IT Software Engineer Consultant , you will support IT clinical and business operations and initiatives. The IT Clinical Application team supports electronic medical record and 3rd party systems. Our tower supports key business initiatives that scale from small to very large in size. This position demands high proficiency in Cerner Command Language writing, tools and process, especially with backend script running, custom report writing, and detailed troubleshooting.
This position is a Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm remote position. Must be strong in Microsoft solution suite and have solid communication skills. Strong engagement and knowledge of customer service, vendor relationship, technical delivery and support. Cerner application and project delivery experience are required.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MO, ND, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, WI & WYWithin Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is a high level individual contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and participates in formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements. Acts independently or as a leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design, and code programs within applications and on various hardware platforms.
1. Creates and installs computer code following established coding standards to instruct a system to perform a required function by working close with peers and customers. Able to manage projects that have a broad impact on application performance to meet customer needs.
2. Tests application programs utilizing available productivity tools following established testing standards. Advises management on testing standards. Leads use of testing standards within the team.
3. Documents programs created using established standards with programs and external documents noting relationships with other programs and applications. Advises management on documentation standards. Leads use of standards within the team.
4. Works with the customer to research and develop solutions. Designs work flows and specifications for presentation to senior members of the team and customers for feedback and approval.
5. Supports and practices established change control standards. Leads use of change control within the team.
6. Advises management and provides recommendations on the uses of the applications.
7. This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has significant decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and is able to work independently utilizing feedback from customers and management. The incumbent leads and participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Banner Health Leadership will strive to uphold the mission, values, and purpose of the organization. They will serve as role models for staff and act in a people-centered, service excellence-focused, and results-oriented manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS
OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
May require off-site travel.
Must possess strong knowledge of programming and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree.
Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 6-8 years work experience in the field.
Strong working knowledge of a programming language, hardware environment, and use of program logic. Needs experience in medium scale project planning. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Knowledge and ability to program in more than one language.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
DATE APPROVED 08/19/2007
Apply on company website