As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
If you are a New Graduate Nurse with less than 12 months of experience, please apply to our New Nurse Experience openings.
About Banner Staffing Service AZ
Supporting Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. In addition, Staffing Services provides the best training in the business, so you can hit the ground running as you enjoy unequaled clinical variety, professional flexibility and lifestyle choices. We provide registry and travel assignments throughout the western United States. The registry allows you to create your own schedule by offering opportunities in a variety of hospital, home care and primary care settings. Banner Travel offers short-term assignments of three twelve-hour shifts per week. Our pay rates are highly competitive, and we offer training in the country's most advanced simulation center. You will also enjoy the stability only an organization as large and successful as Banner Health can offer.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position delivers education and provides individualized direct patient and family education. Works in coordination with staff to select and deliver current patient education materials based on identified needs. Provides community and staff education in their specialty area. Acts as subject matter expert for patients and staff. All activities are effectively designed and implemented using the organization's framework for professional nursing practice and development, and the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice for Nursing Professional Development.
- Provides care and works collaboratively with patients, family and staff to formulate individualized education in specialty area.
- Delivers continuing education programs related to their specialty area. Suggests updates to educational materials based on needs assessment, staff and management requests, advances in theory and technology, as well as changes in standards of care.
- Provides ongoing support for families and staff related to patient-centered care issues.
- Coordinates and communicates feedback from patients/family to ensure education needs are met. This includes gauging the audience and environment and tailoring the session as appropriate to ensure educational needs are successfully met.
- Tracks and follows up on the results of education and provides feedback to their supervisor. Suggests opportunities to enhance education based on patient, family or staff feedback.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. Current BLS certification. Additional certifications and prerequisite education may be required depending on practice area and job assignment.
Two years of recent clinical experience in practice area. Requires a strong knowledge base in specialty area and skill in verbal and written communication, creative thinking, prioritizing and flexible problem solving. Requires ability to apply adult learning principles.
BSN preferred. One year of adult/patient education experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website