Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:IT Amb Clinic Apps-Corp
Job Category:Information Technology
Primary Location Salary Range:$29.37/hr - $48.95/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care – and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a Senior IT Systems Analyst to support Banner Health's Post-Acute and Ambulatory department applications, including but not limited to applications in the Homecare, Occupational/Employee Health and Telehealth areas.
As part of the IT Ambulatory Application Team, the Sr. IT Systems Analyst position will have the opportunity to work InTouch from home. This team supports end users in the Homecare, Occ/Emp Health, and eICU Telehealth areas during normal business hours 8a-5p with rotating On-Call responsibilities. Applications would include, Homecare Homebase, TIMS, CPR+, Systoc/PureOHS and eCaremanager as well as other peripheral applications and smaller Post-Acute areas. Experience in these applications is preferred but not required. An ideal candidate would possess knowledge developed with a combination of related education and/or experience totaling 4+ years in healthcare IT. Candidate must possess, strong communications skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to teach/train others. Must be able to act as a “Point Person,” lead projects and successfully work independently in addition to participating as a valued team member.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life
This can be a remote position if you live in the following states only: AR, AZ, CA, CO, HI, FL, IA, MO, ND, OR, NE, NV, TX, UT, WA, WI & WYWithin Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
This position is a high level individual contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and participates in formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company's requirements. Acts independently or as part of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Incumbent participates in establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
1. Provides information for staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
2. Participates on a team to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level specifications and documents.
3. Designs and administers standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
4. Provides expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Analyzes information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships. Provides information to be taken into account as part of the comprehensive testing plans.
5. Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves multilevel project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
6. Participates in the designs of end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Monitors the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
7. Provides expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department.
8. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
9.This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has mid level decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
Must possess a strong knowledge of business and computer science as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, business or related field.
Must have 4 years experience in a healthcare environment or an equivalent combination of relevant education, technical, business and healthcare experience.
Needs experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
- Prior IT knowledge in the Homecare setting is preferable
- Prior IT EMR knowledge in Post-Acute/Ambulatory Departments is preferable
- Knowledge in the SQL environment is preferable
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website