Primary City/State:Phoenix, Arizona
Department Name:Cardiac Cath Lab-Hosp
Job Category:Clinical Care $10,000 Sign-on Bonus!!!
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health's varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
Diagnostic Imaging at Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix is busy, fast paced, and gives you the opportunity to do what you do best: Providing excellent care for patients. Technologists here use state of the art digital imaging equipment to perform over 350 exams per day. Our department supports Diagnostic Imaging services for Inpatients, Outpatients, and Patients in the Ortho/Spine Clinic and the Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic.
As a Special Procedures Technologist, you will be joining the Diagnostic Team that will give you the ability to work in all areas of the department. You will directly support Interventional Radiology/Angiography departments and the Ancillary building for medical imaging. If working in a Level 1 Trauma Center, Comprehensive Stroke Center, and Transplant Center interests you, then this is your place!
This is a full time (40 hours/week) position that will consist of
Enjoy 4 10-hour shifts from 7am-5:30pm;
One night of call per week and one weekend every 4-6 weeks.
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
***We're currently offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus!***University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet™ recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
This position performs prescribed specialized radiographic procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
1. Performs radiographic diagnostic/interventional special procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to radiation safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed radiographic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
Requires national certification American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and licensure by state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required if applicable within 18 months of hire (and/or equivalent clinical experience for Cath Lab only). BLS certification.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Apply on company website