$75 - $95 Per Day
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY:
Tutors are responsible for assisting students in achieving a better understanding in a specific subject. Tutors will present the information in a way that a student can understand, and will help them develop confidence in themselves and a positive attitude toward school. Tutors will provide students with the necessary skills, so that they can be successful on the state assessments.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Tutors will have a set time during the 8 hrs. to plan for instruction
2. Tutors should want to help others reach academic achievement, and show a proficiency in a particular subject.
3. Prospective tutors should have patience when dealing with students who have a hard time grasping a subject or
have developed a negative attitude towards school.
4. Organization is a key element for tutors, because they will have to keep files and records to monitor the progress
of a student.
5. It is essential that tutors have excellent communication skills, because they will be interacting with students, parents, teachers, coaches and professors on a regular basis.
6. A tutor can be a liaison between multiple groups, and it important that everyone involved with a student be kept abreast of the situation.
7. Tutors can ensure that students are giving an effort and making positive strides in their classes.
8. The individuals around a student can provide them with the necessary support they need to achieve their
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Provide guidance and direction as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Content area knowledge relative to instructional level of students receiving tutoring services
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
High school degree required, Texas Certified or college degree preferred.
Experience working with students in an instructional setting, teacher experience preferred.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment
Posture: Moderate standing; occasional kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping
Motion: Moderate walking
Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
Environment: Work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather); exposure to noise
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website