Chief Financial Officer
BASIC FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITY: Assist with coordinating the collection, auditing and reporting of district Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in this job description.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assist in the collection, integration, audit and formatting of all data required for PEIMS submission according to the PEIMS Data Standards (TEDS).
2. Assist in the submission of Fall, Mid-year, Summer and extended year program reports to the State using the Texas Education Data Standards.
3. Assist in edits, reports, and verification checks on data to ensure accuracy of information.
4. Help deliver PEIMS training to appropriate campus and program staff as needed.
5. Assist in District Wide enrollment events.
6. Provide assistance at the District and Campus level for registration, scheduling, grade reporting and other student information systems functions.
7. Assists in the development and implementation of District Wide PEIMS policies and procedures and audits.
8. Systematically reviews and monitors attendance records, which would impact funding procedures and audits.
9. Work closely with Directors/Coordinators for Special Programs to ensure that they consistently review data, are involved in the PEIMS data gathering process, and use data to improve instruction.
10. Assist in the standardization of data gathering and record keeping procedures across the District for all programs
11. Develop and maintain a strong sense of customer service.
12. Communicate with various stakeholders including campus personnel, district and state administrators, other PEIMS personnel, etc.
13. Create and customize reports for various departments as requested.
14. Conduct random reviews of data at different sites as assigned to ensure that the appropriate documentation is kept on file.
15. Maintain confidentiality.
16. Follow all safety and security procedures.
17. Assist other personnel as may be required for supporting them in the completing of their work activities.
18. Work effectively with a team.
19. Complete other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in School District Administrative support. Position requires collecting and entering data and using coding systems.
- High school diploma or GED
- PEIMS experienced required
- Registration experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the Skyward Student System.
- Knowledge of the PEIMS Data Standards.
- Knowledge of the Texas Education Agency Student Attendance Accounting Handbook.
- Knowledge of District Special Programs.
- Knowledge of Elementary and Secondary processes.
- Experience in data entry and office support, preferably in a school related setting.
- Strong communication, public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions.
- Learn methods, procedures, policies and terminology.
- Read and comprehend a variety of manuals, write documents following a prescribed format, and present information
- to others.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records with established deadlines.
- Work cooperatively with others while establishing and maintaining emotional control under stress.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, terminology, and accounting methods in relation to school PEIMS, registration, and attendance at both the elementary and secondary level.
- Basic math, including calculations using fractions, percent, and/or ratios.
- Oral and written communication skills including the concepts of grammar and punctuation.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer, printer, calculator, copier, fax and scanner.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals
- Posture: Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
- Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds)
- Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours
- Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Apply on company website