DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Surgical Services teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all that we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is number one, apply now!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
This is a full time - 32 hours a week position.
The Surgical Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
- Prepares sterile instrument table.
- Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
- Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
- Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
- Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
- Positions patient according to type of surgery.
- Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
- Maintains work area.
- Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
- Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of a formal surgical technologist program or equivalent training.
- Certification as a Surgical Technologist required.
- Hospital Surgical Tech experience preferred.
- Detail-oriented with ability to sustain concentration over long periods of time.
Blake Medical Center
Experience a higher standard of care at Blake Medical Center located in Bradenton, Florida just minutes from the Gulf Coast beaches. Our 383-bed acute care facility has been named a nine-time "100 Top Hospital" and a "100 Top Cardiovascular Hospital" by Thompson Reuters, formerly known as Solucient. With a strong commitment to quality care, advanced technology and professional development we make sure our employees are well cared for too. Blake is a proud recipient of the American Heart Association's Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees' health. Our employees enjoy access to our campus' 24/7 Fitness Center, ongoing skill development, and frequent opportunities for advancement. An added advantage for our employees with children is “Happy Cubs”, our day care facility that is located on-site.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website