PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Nursing, Clinical Manager or designee, coordinates total nursing care for patients. Participates in patient and family teaching and provides leadership by working cooperatively in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting. Maintains a rotating schedule of shifts at both Findlay and Bluffton campuses.
Duty 1: Uses the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care to provide for the unique physical and emotional needs of each patient.
Duty 2: Establishes and maintains communication, and utilizes teaching opportunities to provide for the specific learning needs of each patient and their significant other(s).
Duty 3: Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served on their unit.
Duty 4: Collaborates with Physician regarding patient condition, orders, treatment plan, and anticipated needs to ensure exceptional patient care.
Duty 5: Demonstrates accountability and leadership in the performance of LPN's, Nurse Aides, and Secretaries to ensure quality of patient care and promotion of team collaboration.
Duty 6: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 7: Maintains all department and unit specific competencies for provision of patient care.
Duty 8: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction
Duty 9: Implements a thorough knowledge of maternal and pediatric equipment to provide a clean and safe environment of care.
Duty 10: Displays an understanding and directs own abilities to function in all three areas of OB (Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery) to provide efficient delivery of patient care.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing and a current Ohio RN license.
- ACLS certification (within 6 months of hire)
- BCLS certification (within 6 months of hire)
- NRP certification (within 6 months of hire)
- STABLE certification (within one year of hire)
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures
- 1 year nursing experience in a hospital setting
- Previous experience in Labor and Delivery, Postpartum and Nursery
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Apply on company website