Blue Ridge Regional Hospital is seeking a qualified Speech Pathologist for our PRN opportunity in Spruce Pine, NC.
Job Summary: Evaluates patients, develops care plan to treat patients, uses procedures and techniques to change condition/function consistent with the rehabilitation diagnosis and prognosis, supervises and coordinates therapeutic care and communicates evaluation results to patients, families and appropriate staff. Teaches and mentors other staff and participates in the management of resources for patient care and organizational improvement. May provide services off-site within the scope of the job description as needed by the department.
- Required Education: Masters Degree in Speech Language Pathology, or Communication Disorders, or Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Required License: Current North Carolina license to practice Speech Therapy, ASHA certification
- Preferred License: Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) or CFY
- Required Experience: None required; Accepting New Graduate Applications
- Preferred Experience: Clinical affiliations having a wide variety of acute care procedures, especially videofluorgraphic swallow evaluations and non-instrumental swallow evaluations. Experience with cognitive and language disorders, motor-speech disorders, dysphagia treatment, especially with neurology, cardiopulmonary, head/neck cancer, traumatic brain injury, and tracheostomy and ventilation management.
Work Schedule: PRN.
Mission Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website