$800 Bonus paid after successful completion of 90 days working as a Cook I!
External Applicants Only. Current CCCR employees are not eligible for Sign On Bonus
Being a part of the Cache Creek team comes with amazing benefits:
- Great Pay
- Opportunities to Grow
- Gas Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Recognition Program
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
- Weekly Paychecks
- Affordable Healthcare
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Direct Deposit
Ensure the highest quality food preparation and presentation in the kitchen stations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In-house training to prepare all necessary menu items, including soups and sauces, as directed by the Chef-on-Duty.
- In-house training to operate large volume cooking equipment such as Grill, Deep Fryers, Griddles, Salamander, Stove Tops, Ovens, Braiser, and Steamer along with new equipment in the future.
- Basic and simple preparation of Mexican, Italian, and American Cuisine.
- In-house training to be skillful in grill, sauté, and broiling techniques.
- In-house training with culinary management to operate machineries, such as Power Mixers, Slicer, Emulsifier, Steamer, etc., documented with signature sheets.
- Prepare basic hot food, cold food sandwiches, salads and dressings as needed.
- Demonstrate a proficient knife skills or ability to utilize a knife.
- Understand and display proper handling of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and dairy products in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Organize a speed rack in proper order.
- Check the quality and temperature of food, ensuring product consistency with health standards followed by using Time and Temperature Logs.
- Rotate food in coolers, dry storage and utilize mise en place to ensure freshness and reduce waste and spoilage. (FIFO, First In First Out)
- Prepare food to the highest standards of culinary quality.
- Clean, sanitize, and restock workstations, storeroom and walk in refrigerators.
- Set up mise en place for your assigned station.
- Help others as needed - various banquet productions and/or other outlets - thus contributing to an environment where teamwork prevails.
- Keep work areas and refrigerators clean, sanitized and organized at all times.
- Report all faulty equipment or unsafe conditions immediately.
- Maintain professional grooming and appearance and act as a role model according to established grooming and appearance policy.
- Willing to learn additional skills from mentor.
- Comply with all Cache Creek Casino Resort safety, health and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assist with special events when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Chef on Duty.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Previous experience in food preparation and basic knowledge of kitchen operations.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock and second hand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Apply on company website