Being a part of the Cache Creek team comes with amazing benefits:
- Great Pay
- Opportunities to Grow
- Gas Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Recognition Program
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
- Weekly Paychecks
- Affordable Healthcare
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Direct Deposit
The Senior Project Manager plays a vital role in the successful delivery of Cache Creek Casino Resort's Information Technology project portfolio. The Senior Project Manager works across departments to identify and document project requirements, build project schedules, track project tasks, and manage project budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Takes medium to large IT programs/projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Applies consistency and best practices through project initiation, planning, execution and closing phases, promoting outcomes and benefit tracking.
- Develops detailed program/project execution plan, and manages all implementation processes including projects financials, progress tracking, testing, release to production and delivery within defined budget.
- Manage project/program issues and deliver risk mitigation strategies to avoid impact to baseline.
- Leads promoting the organizational understanding of Agile roles to help teams and individuals transitioning from waterfall to Agile.
- Manages scrums teams applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Leads Scrum rituals: Planning, Standups, review, retrospective, etc.
- Provides sprint progress tracking and reporting using Agile tools.
- Creates crisp and complete status reporting to support projects or program communication.
- Provides overall communication and interfaces with all teams participating in program/project delivery, including business and IT functional areas.
- Leads the evolution of the program/project management function related the adoption and use of key processes and technology.
- Follows organizational change management processes and ensures all configuration changes are properly approved and documented.
- Monitors and reports on assigned performance metrics.
- Interfaces, collaborates, and fosters strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to junior project managers.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Provide performance feedback of project teams.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Three years professional experience in Information Technology; Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience managing multiple large projects/programs in an enterprise environment delivering business applications for one or more departments. Must understand the project management lifecycle; waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies. Must be proficient, or able to gain proficiency with, a broad array of project management applications and tools such as Microsoft Project, Jira, and SmartSheets.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, mathematical or schedule form.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License
PMP Certification, Scrum Master Certification, and ITIL Foundations Certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply on company website