Being a part of the Cache Creek team comes with amazing benefits:
- Great Pay
- Opportunities to Grow
- Gas Discounts
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Recognition Program
- Free meals in our Employee Dining Room
- Weekly Paychecks
- Affordable Healthcare
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Care Insurance
- 401k Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Direct Deposit
The Senior IT Engineer of Storage is a technical leader responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Cache Creek Casino Resort Storage and backup and disaster recovery capabilities that carries out business operations. They are responsible for the design, configuration, installation, administration, and maintenance for cross-platform storage arrays utilized for hosting production, gaming and backup data, and distance learning technologies. Foundation knowledge and skills include knowledge of telecommunications and transmission technologies, including storage architecture, topologies, programming applications and interfaces. This is a career professional position at the expert level requiring the ability to work on-site and remotely and to work independently to solve complex data problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the delivery of design for SAN, Backup and Recovery, and Storage platforms.
- Monitor and analyze the system to ensure effective usage of all phases of storage infrastructure, including, but not limited to, SAN configurations, logical and physical stripping, SVC virtualizations and IOPS optimization.
- Establish measurement processes that track space management allocation, usage, and reclamation opportunities.
- Track actual usage against applications and projects expected to growth by storage tier.
- Define and monitor threshold-alerting mechanisms.
- Early detections of I/O degradation across tiers criteria attainment.
- Monitor and maintain equipment and adequate environmental conditions in telecommunication spaces.
- Create meaningful documentation on network systems, applications, systems, and standard operating procedures.
- Act as internal consultant with the ability to translate business needs into technical solutions.
- Communicate technical information to team members and company-wide staff.
- Define and operationalize application Standard Operating Procedures and run books.
- Train and mentors Help Desk Technicians on how to resolve common level 0/1 application issues.
- Train and mentor peer and Application Support Engineers on assigned business applications.
- Follow organizational change management processes and ensure all configuration changes are properly approved & documented.
- Monitor and report on assigned application performance metrics.
- Interface, collaborate, and foster strong relationships with business stakeholders.
- Interface with internal and external auditors.
- Ensure all audit findings are remediated within agreed upon timelines.
- Manage vendor relationships for assigned business applications.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Three years related experience and/or training; Bachelor's degree (B.A.); or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, mathematical or schedule form.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Cache Creek Casino Resort Tribal Gaming License
ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate
Relevant Storage/Network Engineer certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally exposed to secondhand tobacco smoke. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply on company website