Food Service Cook Salary $11.79 Hourly Location Kearney, NE Job Type PERM FULL TIME Department Nebraska Department of Veterans' Affairs Job Number 25707619 Receive $500 on your first paycheck! Please ask HR for more details. Description Under general supervision of Supervisor, performs skilled work in the preparation and serving of food in at Central Nebraska Veterans'' Home.
Location: Central Nebraska Veterans Home, 4510 E 56th St, Kearney NE 68845
Work schedule: 11:30 AM -8:00 PM with rotating weekends
(Days off: Friday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
Examples of Work
- Seasons, cooks and portions foods such as soups, vegetables, meats, salads and pastry following portion control standards and food service safety and sanitation.
- Prepares dough, batters, fillings and sauces by using baking equipment such as molders, dough makers, slicers and ovens. Bakes pastries, rolls, breads and pies. Instructs
- Food Service staff in dishwashing, cleaning and routine equipment maintenance.
- May receive, store and distribute food supplies.
- Cleans and maintains kitchen equipment.
- Instructs Food Service staff in the preparation of simple, routinely prepared food items.
Qualifications / RequirementsREQUIREMENTS: One year of coursework/training in food preparation and/or cooking and baking experience in a large scale food service operation.
PREFERRED: Food service experience, preferably institutional, commercial or large quantity cooking.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesKnowledge of: cooking techniques for meats, soups, salads and baked goods; food sanitation practices; the proper handling and processing of a variety of vegetables and fruits; kitchen equipment and utensils; kitchen safety practices; facility standards and procedures for the cleaning of dishes, utensils, equipment and facilities; facility food preparation schedules. Ability to: tolerate high temperature and high humidity; safely use sharp, heavy or hot kitchen equipment, utensils or supplies, follow written and oral instructions; communicate effectively with members and staff; prepare special diets; bend, stoop, lift and carry food items, equipment and supplies. EEO/AA/VET
Apply on company website