JOB PURPOSE: 12 month fulltime Responsible for developing and enhancing elective courses, afterschool college preparation programs and workshops, and parent involvement networks. Responsible for ensuring the overall security, safety, and well-being of students and staff, and assists the Principal in the implementation of CSUSA policies and school oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures teachers are organized, manage their time well and cover proper curriculum and cover proper curriculum conforming to State and CSUSA mandates.
- Conducts 3-minute walk through; reports non-compliance to Principal.
- Ensures teachers follow curriculum maps to maximize high assessments test scores.
- Works with Principal, Assistant Principal and Lead Teachers to observe and evaluate designing and planning of instruction, execution of education, classroom environment.
- Informs teachers of expectations prior to observing/evaluating. Uses announced and unannounced evaluations.
- Debriefs each observation/evaluation with a post conference.
- Ensures classroom teachers are using Personal Learning Plans (PLP) which personalize instruction and differentiate CSUSA schools from district schools.
- Ensures teachers meet with students individually.
- Conducts PLP training and checks PLPs quarterly.
- Supervises the setting of grade level goals for teachers who set classroom goals.
- Analyzes data from formative and summative assessments throughout the school.
- Works with Leadership Team to set annual school goals based on previous year's data.
- Analyzes benchmark data.
- Checks grade books to ensure correct input of grades.
- Monitors that teachers are using assessment data for targeted and differentiated instruction.
- Visits classrooms regularly; provide coaching on classroom management.
- Serves as liaison with Corporate Education to advise of what is effective in the classroom.
- Provides professional development/coaching on research based instructional strategies.
- Assigns teachers to arrival and dismissal duties; creates, posts and updates schedules.
- Creates schedules so that specialized teachers are scheduled properly.
- Creates schedule and assigns specialist teachers for special area schedule to ensure teacher coverage of PE, Music, Art, Spanish, Computer, Library.
- Designs schedule to create common planning time so that classroom teachers can attend grade level cluster meetings.
- Balances schedule so that special teachers have equally distributed planning time.
- Designs schedule so that gifted and talented students have time for key activities and have a variety of specialized teachers.
- Places students to ensure students are with appropriate teacher.
- Checks cumulative files for learning problems to ensure student is in correct learning environment.
- Oversees and monitors progress reports and report cards before distribution date to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Oversees, interviews, arranges and orients substitute teachers to ensure smooth transition for substitute and students.
- Investigates problems of disciplinary nature, documents information and reports findings and decisions to the appropriate individuals.
- Reports on investigations of offenses committed by students
- Investigates referrals where student or school property is stolen or reported missing.
- Works closely with the school guidance counselor, principal and local law enforcement agencies and make referrals as appropriate.
- Recommends appropriate sanctions including detentions, campus service, suspensions and referrals to the Principal for appropriate action.
- Makes periodic tours of campus to ensure that school and school board policies are being enforced.
- Assists with the enforcement of school/state attendance policies.
- Counsels students and parents where behavioral problems are involved.
- Assists with the supervision of organized student gatherings and see that all equipment is operative
- Coordinates school bus supervision before and after school.
- Coordinates the student lunchroom and work duty assignments.
- Assists with the supervision of students detained after school hours for disciplinary reasons
- Provides information to the principal regarding teachers' effectiveness in classroom management and pupil control.
- Ensures school code of conduct is enforced consistently.
- Participates in school based leadership opportunities (i.e.: team meeting, lead teacher meeting, etc).
- Convenes scheduled meetings with Guidance Counselors and Principal to discuss individual cases and the well-being of the student body.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively and complete work with little supervision within agreed timeline.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative staff. Is sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strives to implement best practices and positive character education consistently.
- Has the ability to demonstrate flexible and creative management of disciplinary issues.
- Has the ability to provide a supportive role to the principal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The nois
Apply on company website