10 Month Position JOB PURPOSE
To help students achieve personal fulfillment by providing them with services to make successful personal, educational and occupational life plans.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares for and conduct parent and student conferencing according to school policy.
- Student instruction in modalities instituted by school and assigned program (may include but are not limited to: Individual or Group Direct Synchronous Instruction, Learning Support, Life Skills Support, Itinerant Support, Resource Room Support, co-teaching, writing lesson plans, telephone conferencing and instruction, Parent Learning Opportunities).
- Collects data and appropriate work samples.
- Plans and conduct appointments with parents as needed.
- Assists regular education teachers with specially designed instruction when necessary.
- Participates at monthly outings encouraged.
- Provides support for Special Education student achievement in the general class through training teachers and assisting with implementation of school inclusion plans.
- Arranges for and assist with training for inclusionary practices.
- Acts as informational liaison for inclusion as appropriate.
- Assists with planning for classroom and testing accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Models strategies for inclusionary practices as appropriate.
- Provides assistance with developing and adapting curriculum materials and educational practices to meet the needs of students and teachers.
Individual Student Counseling
- Assists students in evaluating their aptitudes and abilities through the use of teacher comments, interpretation of individual standardized test scores and other pertinent data. Works with students in evolving educational and career plans in terms of such evaluation
- Provides individual counseling sessions for assigned students in dealing with their personal needs as they affect school performance, as well as their educational and career plans.
- Provides small and large group counseling sessions, as needed, to address students' personal educational and career plans.
- Assists students in course selections and the scheduling process. Works to prevent students from dropping out of school, and assists those that do in finding alternative educational programs.
- Assists in making arrangements for enrollment in summer school programs to make up noted deficiencies.
- Participates in follow-up studies of former students for the purpose of improving services and evaluating the effectiveness of the educational program being offered by the school
- Provides emergency support to students as needed during crises.
- Provides students with college financial aid/scholarship resources and assists with college selection (High School).
- Serves as a consultant to the faculty concerning matters related to guidance services
- Confers with staff regarding students with problems and/or special needs.
- Serves as a resource person for administration in matters relating to students and guidance services; provides thorough and timely reports, data, etc. as requested by administration.
Student and Parent Orientation
- Provides students new to the school orientation and information relative to school procedures, curriculum and extra-curricular opportunities.
- Participates in planning and implementing programs which contribute to a smooth transition between grade levels and/or to post-secondary education, which may include orientation programs for students and parents.
- Serves as a resource for information regarding the educational program, activities and services of the school.
- Supervises the maintenance of cumulative records for assigned students in accordance with state and federal laws and regulations as well as CSUSA policy.
- Provides information and prepares recommendations to colleges for admissions and scholarships as well as to potential employers and other agencies for assigned students.
- Maintains counseling record (i.e., summary, log) regarding conferences or other sessions with assigned students.
- Assists in the administration of state-mandated and CSUSA assessment programs.
- Reviews and interprets results of assessment programs for assigned students and utilizes results for counseling purposes.
- Contributes to the evaluation of current curriculum offerings.
- Assists in developing and implementing an evaluation plan for the guidance program and utilizing results to determine strengths and areas in need of improvement.
School and Community Relations
- Strives to establish cooperative relations and makes a reasonable effort to communicate with parents when necessary and appropriate.
- Utilizes the resources of the community in developing and enhancing guidance services and activities.
- Cooperates and shares professionally with members of the staff.
- Assists in interpreting the Guidance Services Program within the school and community.
- Assists community agencies and resource people who deal with students' needs.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required personnel so classified.SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to work and interact with individual at all level of the organization.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive business reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
- Ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Establish excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Computer Basics: Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Student Information System (SIS).
- Good knowledge of organization's policies and procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Possession of valid state certification.
- Minimum three (3) years experience of successful teaching or counseling services.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS).
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website