CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides individualized, high-quality nursing care to patients of all ages. Uses a team approach to delegate and coordinate patient care at admission, transfer, and discharge. Independently delivers nursing care using the Nurse Practice Act, Mercy Medical Center policies, nursing standards, ethical principles, and professional judgment. Works rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Assesses, plans, and implements nursing care while ensuring patient comfort.
- Practices safe patient handling techniques.
- Continues to evaluate assigned patients and provides ongoing treatment.
- Anticipates, identifies, and responds to educational and emotional needs of patients and families.
- Guides and directs healthcare personnel (i.e. Patient Care Technicians) in caring for patients.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment set-up, maintenance, and use (i.e., IV pumps, monitoring equipment, and drainage devices). Utilizes safeguards such as IV pump drug library and monitor alarms whenever available to maximize patient safety.
- Initiates emergency support measures (i.e., cardiopulmonary resuscitation, protecting patient from injury).
- Serves in a charge/leadership role based on skill and unit needs. When assigned charge, makes patient assignments; triages patients; and problem solves with staff, physicians, patients, families, and ancillary departments.
- Takes assigned call as defined in unit policy.
- Assists with patient care duties/tasks (i.e., emptying drainage devices, ambulating, and hygiene).
- Assists with clerical duties (i.e., maintenance of chart, patient record, and answering phones and call lights).
- Maintains patient care supplies, equipment, and environment.
- Provides orientation/education for staff, students, and other hospital and community organizations as requested.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified but should not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be needed to perform the duties of this position. Must have ability to maintain skills and perform tasks required for the position as outlined in the list of department competencies.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Possession of a current or compact state license as a Registered Nurse issued/defined by the State of Iowa.
- BSN preferred.
- Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter - Child and/or Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
- Basic Life Support certified within six (6) weeks of hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
NebraskanurseCommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Overview:CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 7...
Apply on company website