ANALYST I ERM
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This individual will be responsible for supporting the on-going development and implementation of City National Bank's (CNB's) Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. Responsibilities include participating in business unit risk assessments; performing product risk assessments; identifying and developing enterprise-wide risk analytics and reporting to include the quarterly risk appetite metric reporting; implementing ERM-related policies and procedures and facilitating the implementation and integration of risk management principles that permeate throughout the company. Individual will also assist with other ad-hoc duties/projects as requested.
Risk Management Division
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Risk Management team. The focus is on ensuring business activities remain safe, compliant and well-positioned for future opportunity and sustainable growth.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Assists with the on-going development, implementation, enforcement and maintenance of Enterprise Risk Management Frameworks and Policies. (including the Risk Management Framework, Risk Appetite Framework, Product Risk Management Policy etc.)
- Provide assistance with the assessment of enterprise risks (including credit, interest rate liquidity, etc.) and facilitates the implementation and integration of risk management principles across the bank.
- Conducts or facilitates risk assessments (including supporting the Risk ID process, performing product risk assessments etc.), incorporating collaborative qualitative and quantitative analysis, to identify current and/or emerging risks.
- Tasked with being an internal liaison/partner to CNB business units regarding risk management responsibilities (e.g. controls, best practices, and industry developments.) Assists business units with the enhancement of controls, monitoring and performance measurement, as necessary.
- Coordinates the Internal Controls Management Program assessment of Enterprise Risk Management risks and controls.
- Develop effective communication material and communicates CNB's Risk Management Framework and processes within the Bank.
- Prepare status reports, risk appetite metrics and other risk-related and/or dashboard reporting in accordance with the ERM program and, as requested by management and/or the Management Risk Committee and/or the Risk Committee of the Board.
- Provide assistance in the development of risk appetite metrics (including data analysis, presentation of new or updated metrics and limits to management for approval etc.)
- Complies fully with all Bank policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Successfully completes all required training and special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree risk, finance, mathematics or statistics or related discipline with 3+ years of auditing, consulting or banking experience
- Minimum 3 years of auditing, consulting or banking experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience with reporting and analytical tools such as Excel, Tableau or Python
- Minimum 2 years of experience with quantitative data modeling, analysis or data management
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven knowledge of banking systems and processes, risk management principles and/or internal controls required.
- Financial or quantitative analysis and data management experience desired.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with various reporting and analysis tools including Excel, Tableau or Python.
- Demonstrated ability to run queries and create reports.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website