COLLATERAL CONTROL SPECIALIST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Warehouse Collateral Control Specialist is responsible for reviewing the warehouse collateral packages for accuracy, updating the warehouse system to record the receipt of the collateral, safeguarding the assets, preparing the collateral for shipment to the investor and processing repayments of investor funds. At the Senior level, will also be responsible for distributing workload and monitoring temporary staff, updating and releasing the MERS MIN number in both the warehouse system and the MERS, closing agent validation functions and back up support for the loan funding process.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Track, review, and document the receipt of loan collateral packages
- Confirm the accuracy of the collateral to the initial funding request
- Resolve discrepancies with client and follow up on Notes missing or requiring corrections
- Maintain collateral in fireproof vault
- Review client's shipping requests for accuracy
- Process collateral documents for delivery to investor
- Record tracking information in the warehouse system
- Review Investor repayments and process in the warehouse system
- Review the accuracy of repayments by comparing the investor purchase advice to the incoming wire
- Resolve repayment discrepancies and obtain appropriate exception approvals, as needed
- Assist in general office support
- Maintain performance levels consistent with established Bank policies
- Maintain professional, ethical, and courteous relationships with both internal and external customers
- Complete Bank training courses as required
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of experience with warehouse lending operations or mortgage banking equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills (ability to interact with both external and internal customers)
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks within established time frames while maintaining a focus on quality
- Ability to work collaboratively with peers, company managers, and customers in a team environment to attain common goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to maintain cordial and professional relationships with customers and co-workers
- A quick learner with strong problem solving skills and attention to detail
- General office skills: Word, Excel, email, fax/scanner
- Open to training/willingness to learn
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website