CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? The Corporate Development Analyst is responsible for supporting senior members of the Corporate Development & Strategy Team and CNB's Executive Team in the continued development, refinement and execution of the bank's inorganic long-term growth initiatives through Mergers & Acquisitions ("M&A"), corporate venture investments, and strategic partnerships.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization as a member of City National's Finance team. This group records, analyzes, reports and optimizes to maintain the bank's financial health, while following principles and legislation to ensure we're doing what's right.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Support the corporate development sourcing process by proactively identifying, screening, and qualifying M&A and corporate venture opportunities for new and existing markets, client segments, and products
- Continuously research and analyze emerging industry trends, early-stage companies, changing customer segments, new business models and other macro opportunities that impact the banking and fintech sectors
- Develop detailed financial models including projections, valuation, and investment return analyses, as well as presentation materials to support the assessment and execution of M&A strategic initiatives
- Support the deal team in the end-to-end execution of prospective opportunities – from idea, to business case pitch, to diligence, term negotiations, deal closing and post-deal integration
- Collaborate with groups across the organization on ongoing projects and to ensure alignment of key growth initiatives
- Mine and organize in-depth data to support the need for specific strategic initiatives
- Expand the company's visibility within the fintech and venture community by developing and nurturing professional relationships with investment bankers, start-up founders, venture capital partners, and other industry professionals
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics emphasis preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience in strategy, consulting, investment banking or corporate development
- Prior experience working for a bank or financial institution
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical skills including data modeling and interpretation, financial analytics, competitive analysis and ability to clearly present findings
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational role
- A clear understanding of the Fintech ecosystem including competitor, regulatory, capability, and technology trends
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker that can proactively solve problems and generate ideas with limited guidance
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working directly with senior executives internally and at other companies
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced settings that are constantly evolving while managing and prioritizing several projects at once
- Team player, pro-active and action-oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working at a bank, fintech, wealth management firm, or other large financial institution
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- MBA preferred
- CFA preferred
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website