CREDIT ANALYST II - CREDIT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Analyze credits and CPA prepared financial statements. Enter financial statements and related information to financial spreadsheet software programs for analysis. Prepare summary and/or credit approval reports documenting credit analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations. Responsibilities also include handling commercial collections requiring client contact and deal documentation, preparing credit retrospectives, identifying causative factors to troubled loan structures/deals and preparing account debtor notification letters, forbearance agreements and other standardized correspondence and documentation. This position will also compile and prepare monthly reports (doubtful logs, non-accruals, charge-offs, potential problem loans) for team leaders and assist in quality control review of written communications. Perform other department-related duties as requested.
Credit Administration Division
As a member of City National's Credit Administration group, you will contribute to the company's success by upholding the bank's strong credit culture, while facilitating growth and maintaining the quality of City National's loan portfolio.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepare credit analysis and investigation of new and renewed loans. Request and provide the necessary documentation and financial facts for Credit Officer to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
- Monitor for receipt, and analyzes and evaluates documents surrounding credits. This may include financial statements for the company, owners, and/or guarantors, tax returns, cash flow, collateral, covenants, A/P & A/R aging, credit reports, etc. to identify strengths and weaknesses as pertaining to a borrower's financial position
- Provide analytical functions relating to due diligence, document processing, financial statements, trend analyses, asset search, covenant compliances, and monitor settlements and judgments. related to transactions, credit approval, and renewals. Prepare summary documenting factual analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Monitor and review data from loan systems and prepares Excel spreadsheets and charts to identify portfolio trends.
- Prepare Loan Approval Summaries and/or Loan Committee reports on existing loans. Utilize programs like Lexis Nexus, Pacer, Moody's Risk Origins, Monarch, Asset Reader, etc.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Economics
- Minimum 4 years of credit analysis or financial analysis experience required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be capable of working well independently and in teams.
- Working knowledge of credit, accounting, credit policy and financial statement analysis.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze credits, as well as a detailed knowledge of lending structure and sources and uses of cash.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and risks related to borrower status and repayment ability. Use various software programs for spreading financial statements and financial analysis.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans and loan treatments.
- Perform Duties and responsibilities specific to department functions and activities, or as assigned by supervisor.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website