CREDIT ANALYST II - SPECIALTY BANKING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Credit Analyst assists Specialty Banking Credit colleagues with recommendations for new credit and extensions of credit through research, analysis, and coordination of accurate documentation. This role also assists with on-going monitoring, reporting and analysis of the portfolio of closed transactions. The selected candidate for this position will be part of a credit support pool that will have the opportunity to work with and get exposure to a variety of business units within Specialty Banking and will be rotated as needed.
Specialty Banking Division
As a member of the Specialty Banking group, you will help to bring extensive industry knowledge to commercial clients in specialized segments and deliver an unmatched level of service. Specialty Banking is comprised of several teams of experienced bankers with niche market knowledge and niche financial proficiency, promoting solutions rather than products.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Prepares credit analysis and investigation of new and renewed loans. Requests and provides the necessary documentation and financial facts for Credit Officer to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate credit structure and terms for potential borrowers.
- Monitors for receipt, and analyzes and evaluates documents surrounding credits. This may include financial statements for the company, owners, and/or guarantors, tax returns, cash flow, collateral, covenants, etc. to identify strengths and weaknesses pertaining to a borrower's financial position.
- Provides analytical functions relating to due diligence, document processing, and financial statements analyses related to transactions, credit approval, and renewals. Prepares summary documenting factual analysis and supporting information for credit decision recommendations.
- Monitors and reviews reports and works with other Credit colleagues to obtain necessary information to ensure that reporting requirements are met.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Accounting or Business
- Minimum 3 years of credit or financial analysis experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a banking or financial services environment required
Skills and Knowledge
- Good verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis for action on loans
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of accounting and financial statement analysis
- Basic knowledge of banking policies and procedures
- Internship in credit and/or financial analysis preferred
- Requires a working knowledge of appropriate banking laws, regulations and bank policies and practices.
- Remedial course work through CNB Credit Boot Camp required.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website