Job Details: CREDIT QUALITY ANALYST FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Provides independent reviews of designated loan portfolios to proactively identify and correct any potential credit and underwriting risks. Analyzes and evaluates the quality of the loan portfolios and recommends appropriate internal controls and procedures to ensure successful audit results. Assist with internal training and provides technical guidance to colleagues promoting full adherence to, compliance with, CNB policies and procedures. Assists with portfolio reviews and audits, and responds to examination results with timely correction of identified areas of risk.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Performs independent reviews of loan portfolios including: quality assurance documents, underwriting reviews, internal credit risk review ratings, non-compliance issues with CNB policies and procedures, and appropriate documentation to identify potential credit and underwriting problems.
- Identifies, monitors, and recommends appropriate internal controls and procedures relating to risk management activities, and credit underwriting guidelines to ensure successful internal and external audits results and to provide ongoing business unit training to key colleagues.
- Tests, validates and report on the performance of risk mitigating controls (adherence to policy and procedures; credit authority limits)
- Stays current and knowledgeable on current CNB policies and procedures and industry trends impacting the credit area in order to guide and educate colleagues.
- Track exceptions to policy, short clear approvals and waivers granted to maintain portfolio integrity
- Monitor and track past dues (payments and reporting);
- Review and monitor loan exception codes to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals
- Prepare quarterly monitoring reports on loans approved under a Credit Officer/Manager's individual approval authority
- Prepare quarterly monitoring reports on the timely completion of Trend cards, annual reviews, renewals to ensure compliance with established loan approval conditions
- Performs QA/QC Testing to validate portfolio integrity
- Documents action items / plans and expected due dates in credit risk related meetings (e.g. minutes)
- Promotes teamwork within the department to ensure that knowledge and experience is shared among team members
- Prepares departmental reports and loan portfolio information as requested by management, credit administration, credit risk review, etc.
- Manages and prepares for portfolio reviews and internal and external credit examinations, responds to examination findings and results ensuring timely correction of identified areas of risk.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training and special projects as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience analyzing credit risk for consumer and commercial banking
- Minimum 2 years of Advanced level experience in Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with OCC Heightened Standards preferred
- Tableau, Salesforce experience preferred
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. #LI-BD1 #CA-BD1 Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website