Job Details: DATA STEWARD/RISK ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This role reports to the small business and consumer lending, and commercial lending operations (SBC CLO) Regulatory Examination Manager and is responsible for supporting the Regulatory Examination Manager in a successful response strategy to internal and external audits and regulatory examinations, as well as to manage the compilation of necessary documents; as well as in conducting critical research to help identify opportunities for internal control enhancement, and will support the development, enhancement, and implementation of those projects ongoing. This role also manages information management, data integrity, and data quality initiatives to align with RBC's (CNB's parent company) data governance and internal control environment objectives on behalf of SBC CLO; including: reviewing and documenting the accuracy of the Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) monthly FR Y-14 M and the quarterly Q submissions reporting as completed by the CCAR team; validation of the quality of source loan data provided for reporting; ownership of the quality of specific data elements (including pre- and post-booking reviews of loan approval and boarding documents); review and research edit check failures; data validation (ensuring data input is equal to the output); understanding of data lineage and data process flow.
Small business and consumer lending, and commercial lending operations (SBC CLO)
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National, supporting first line of defense compliance covering commercial and consumer lending activities. This is a great opportunity to grow your risk management career with a stable and expanding organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Conduct research to help identify opportunities for internal control enhancement, and will support the development and implementation of those projects ongoing.
- Identify automation opportunities across the life-cycle of loan operations.
- Responsible for attestation for line of business specific critical data elements to the Division Credit Manager or Quality Assurance Manager corroborating to the quality of source data provided for reporting, including compilation and documentation of specific action plans to remediate data errors / failures.
- Ensuring accountability and ownership of the data quality for specific data elements, and to resolve edit check failures.
- By implementing the QA processes the Data Steward is responsible for pre-boarding review and remediation (if required) of any errors in CDEs for all line of business credit transactions.
- The Data Steward also monitors evolving error trends in CDEs and provides information to Quality Assurance Manager(s) on key trends and issues related to key data accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with CCAR data governance policies, standards and operational procedures.
- Support the Regulatory Examination Manager in a successful response strategy to internal and external audits and regulatory examinations, as well as to manage the compilation of necessary documents.
- Perform ad hoc projects in support of internal control development and automation, as requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 2 years of financial reporting experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or data management environment required
- Minimum 2 years of Microsoft Excel experience required (with knowledge of vlook-up, iferrors, pivot tables, macros)
- Minimum 2 years working in a data analysis role required
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Prefer 1-3 years of banking experience, preferably in regulatory reporting or credit.
- Strong understanding and background of the FR Y-14M and FR Y-14Q CCAR reporting preferred
- Experience with CCAR reporting and/or credit risk analytics preferred.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to communicate effectively including problem resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility
- Technical Competencies: • Understanding and background of CCAR reporting • Background and experience with credit risk • Strong excel skills • Familiarity with operational and support environment issues
- Behavioral Competencies: • Organizational awareness • Independent thinker • Effective communication • Collaboration
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website