Job Details: LOAN CLOSING III
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Provide loan closing support to SBC-Credit, Entertainment, Specialty Banking, Commercial Banking, Private Banking, & SBA . Provides pre-boarding review activities upon return of executed documents for funding and loan boarding functions.
Residential Lending Division
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Residential Lending group. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a stable and expanding organization while enhancing and retaining bank client relationships through competitive mortgage products and solutions with exceptional service and care.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Perform a pre-boarding audit of pending loan file to identify and correct any errors and omissions in loan closing, documentation and boarding requirements.
- Review credit approval documents for terms, structure, and approval authority.
- Follow up with Relationship Manager, Credit Officers, and other staff to resolve discrepancies or to obtain missing documents.
- Review entity documents for all parties.
- Audit executed loan documents to verify that the documents have been returned, signed, dated, and initiated properly. Ensure that any missing or altered documents are listed on the waiver report, and that proper approval for boarding with deficiencies has been obtained. Follow up on missing documents. Obtain necessary waivers before boarding a loan with exceptions. Ensure credit approval is current and not stale-dated greater than 90 days, otherwise obtains refreshed credit approval.
- Work closely with outside vendors including title companies, escrow, and outside legal counsel.
- Obtain insurance documentation for new loans when required. Ensure that insurance coverage complies with established Bank standards.
- Provide ongoing support for compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and administrative duties.
- Prepare wire instructions, GL sheet, and other funding documents as applicable.
- Follow up on monthly documentation exception reports in a timely manner.
- Maintain boarding review RightFax and Finance Center boarding review and boarding reject queues current and clear of any aged items
- Ensures CIS addendum is complete and all/any pending CIS#'s have been obtained
- Prepares a boarding loan package and forwards to Loan Servicing for funding/booking
- Submits a duplicate or abbreviated Loan package/documents to other banking departments as applicable (ABL , Treasury, Credit Card, FX, Trade Services and Central Ops- New Accounts
- Submits all original documents directly to the Imaging Center for scanning and safekeeping
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of general banking operations experience
- Minimum 3 years of loan documentation experience, specifically real estate documentation
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and remain organized, with the ability to multi-task and handle a heavy volume of requests.
- Ability to meet existing service level agreements and process a minimum number of packages per day
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website