MANAGER LOAN SERVICING
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? This colleague will be responsible for managing a central loan servicing unit that processes moderate to complex operational transactions for Commercial Lending, SBA, Syndications (Agented and Participated), Real Estate, Asset Based Financing, Consumer Lending and/or Credit Card Portfolios. Transactions include loan funding, boarding, servicing, general ledger account balancing and post-boarding quality assurance and audit. Must focus on quality, regulatory compliance, accuracy, and timely turnaround. Other responsibilities may include: designing written procedures for all processes and functions to improve the efficiency and effectiveness within the department; maintaining knowledge of policies and procedures and assuring that as changes in procedures occur, they are documented and communicated to staff, including training and understanding of changes; establishing and maintaining loss prevention and risk controls; negotiating and executing contracts with service providers and vendor; participating and influencing loan product development or refinements; managing/implementing systems conversions and/or process improvement initiatives, and other duties as requested.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Serves as a leader over a loan servicing unit that focuses on business performance, long term strategy, and implementation of process enhancements. Ensures that loan production teams meet their production requirements and maintains reporting for service level agreements.
- Provides direction to the Loan Servicing staff across various disciplines and skill levels. Helps develop staff schedules and manage workload balance, with an eye toward quality, regulatory compliance, accuracy, client-first service and timely turnaround.
- Promote a safe, productive, harassment-free work environment that encourages peak performance and fosters innovation, employee development, and teamwork.
- Creates and promotes a high degree of awareness of risk, risk control measures, and compliance policies and procedures among all staff members. Ensures satisfactory or better rating on internal, external and regulatory audits.
- Interfaces with Senior and Executive Management in implementing strategies and long term objectives of the Bank. Assists Relationship Managers in customizing solutions for their customers. Works closely with Controllers office on information requirements from Loan Servicing for public financial reporting and regulatory reporting. Works closely with Credit Administration on portfolio monitoring and metrics.
- Manages and/or participates in departmental and bank-wide projects. Develops project plans, manages project resources and facilitates meetings with consideration to budget, delivery schedule and impact as they relate to new product development, systems integration and regulatory guidance implementation. Responsible for managing the implementation of changes in regulatory, legal, and credit policy impacting loan servicing. Make decisions on policy/procedural exceptions and fee waivers.
- Oversees collection efforts for all loan categories, coordinated through relationship managers, in early stages of delinquency prior to transferring loans to the Special Assets Department. Identifies and targets problem credits that need focused attention.
- Directly or indirectly oversees all HR and related functions, including hiring and other personnel issues. This includes timely completion of performance appraisals, accurate payroll records, and career development of staff. Recruits and retains superior staff and leaders who understand the balance between production objectives, work quality, timeliness, internal and external client service, and compliance.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.). Completes all required training.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate quality controls related to the financial products the bank provides, the services the bank delivers, the processes employed and the incentives with which colleagues are awarded.
- All City National products, financial solutions and services are to be provided ethically and with integrity in a manner that is consistent with the client-first culture and values embodied in City National's PRIDE statement.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum of 7 years experience in loan operations and servicing And
- Minimum 5 years managing a staff with diversified job functions
Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred in Business Administration, with a Finance or Accounting concentration, or related field
- Advanced knowledge and experience in transactional loan accounting as well as GAAP accounting
- Experience in working with consumer, credit card, commercial, commercial real estate and residential real estate and syndicated loans.
- Familiarity with all aspects of loan boarding and funding, post-boarding quality assurance and internal control procedures.
- Previous experience working in a centralized loan accounting environment with a history of satisfactory findings from external financial audits, regulatory examinations, internal controls and compliance examinations
- Knowledge of SBA, CDC, CRA, commercial real estate, participation and syndicated loans strongly preferred.
- Comprehension and application of banking regulations, particularly BSA.
- Strong knowledge of SOX-FDICIA and application to daily operations.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, management, organizational and planning skills required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel, clients, vendors, and outside contact; coordinate department activities with other departments and outside companies; collaborate with corporate accounting management on financial and indicative data needed for regulatory and public financial reporting; negotiate with key individuals to resolve processing, funding and other department issues; train and evaluate subordinate personnel; establish and maintain good working relationships with all department and vendors; create/implement team effort to ensure maximum production; and work within deadlines.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide guidance, makes recommendations, and/or escalates the issues to appropriate level of management.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website