MANAGER CREDIT ENT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Key credit approver and contributor in the loan management process by providing credit and loan underwriting expertise to a team of Entertainment Relationship Managers and Credit Officers. Manages the new business underwriting and approval for the Private Banking team within Entertainment. For new business development, the Credit Manager will analyze prospective loan transactions and the credit worthiness of new and existing clients. Will provide recommendations and guidance regarding proposed credits and potential risks. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough before credit approval is granted.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Staff Supervision
- Manages workflow and priorities of the new business Private Banking Credit Team in Entertainment. Determines and assigns work assignments to Credit Officers and Credit Analysts based on experience, availability, and portfolio complexity and size.
- Provides technical guidance to and reviews the work of less experienced Credit Officers and Credit Analysts. Guides and assists the Credit Officers and Credit Analysts in research, credit structuring, financial analysis, etc. for complex accounts.
- Responds to questions or inquiries from internal and external clients concerning credit policies, procedures, structuring, etc. before it is elevated, to the Division Credit Manager.
- Manages and monitors performance, gives on-going performance feedback and participates in conducting effective performance appraisals. Trains, coaches, counsels and provides direction and guidance to staff.
- Develops and motivates team members; identifies staff development needs and provides educational/training opportunities.
- Assists the Division Credit Manager in departmental reporting of past dues, portfolio reviews, etc.
- New Business Credit Advisory
- Prepares and attends client meetings to facilitate delivery of the credit product and/or to assist in problem resolution.
- Provides balanced and appropriate credit guidance to Relationship Managers and Private Bankers and collaborates in determining appropriate credit strategy.
- Provides guidance and input when loan pricing does not appear to reflect inherent risk in subject transaction.
- Manages credit pipeline for all new and increased loan requests.
- Manages the financial analysis and preparation of the CRR. This includes ensuring that the CRR contains a well supported recommendation or decision; the risk rating including AIRB grade is correct and supported; credit policy and Heighted standards are followed; and the data and analytics used to support the decision are accurate and calculated correctly.
- Collaborates with team members by providing credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within profitability and portfolio risk standards. Thoroughly reviews credit approval memorandum and uses credit authority where appropriate.
- Works with Division Credit Manager and Credit Administration when required to facilitate an accurate and timely credit decision and optimal credit strategy.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the Manager and appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- Acts in accordance with Bank' credit culture and strategies.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree Finance, Economics, Business Administration
- FIve years of consumer credit management experience
- Six years of supervisory or management experience
Skills and Knowledge
- College degree in Business Administration or a related field and/or a minimum of ten years experience in underwriting large and complex commercial credit and consumer loans, which includes analyzing, interpreting, and evaluating financial statements, cash flow analysis, familiarity with various industries, collateral issues and values, loan structuring and guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Possesses five to eight years of management or supervisory experience.
- Highly knowledgeable in commercial credit policies and procedures.
- Strong credit analysis and accounting skills with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively in both verbal/written forms.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to assume responsibility and accountability for decision making.
- Ability to work well independently and in teams and interact effectively with all levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website