OPERATIONS LIAISON SENIOR
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Provides ongoing operational support to Personal & Business Banking, Entertainment, Private and Commercial Banking Services. Functions as liaison with Information Systems and is the business owner for assigned system application(s) to assist business unit(s) with product services, development, problem resolution, ongoing maintenance and regulatory compliance. Leads and/or participates in application and other operational projects.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of City National's Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Works with Regional Operations Management to resolve complex operational issues, research “issues” and/or functionality with respect to system application(s), develop policy revisions, procedural enhancements and streamline banking office functions.
- Conducts data extraction activities and creates various Ad Hoc reports using tools like BRIO/City Data II, MS Excel, InfoShare, etc. Also monitors and gathers statistical information and evolving error trends and provides information to various Business partners and management. Reports key trends and issues related to key data accuracy.
- Leads and/or participates on project teams. May be responsible for planning, cost benefit analysis, adherence to budget, and resource allocation. Works effectively in a team environment and meets deadlines. May be asked to mentor and coach junior project team members.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge of assigned system application(s). Proactively monitors and analyzes the application(s) and system processes to identify recommendations designed to improve the productivity and quality of the business unit(s). Performs complete analysis of changes/revisions requested by end users: researches, evaluates options, and tests feasibility of system enhancements.
- Functions as business owner of system application(s): coordinates the planning, testing and implementation of system enhancements; assists with the establishment and enforcement of procedures and standards for designated application(s); provides technical direction, training and support as required for assigned application(s); serves as contact for questions pertaining to workflow and system capabilities; maintains an “issues log”; and functions as systems liaison with Information Services.
- Monitors changes made to the application(s) by the system provider; analyzes changes to determine impact; communicates all application changes in advance of implementation to affected department(s). Ensures online manual procedures are revised timely and appropriately.
- Manages system provider relationship: attends meetings as the bank's representative; acts as liaison between vendor and application users; works directly with the system provider to discuss system modifications, application functionality, and problem resolution. Ensures vendor systems meet all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for operational policy and procedure review, revision, development and implementation that affects banking offices and selected business unit(s) within the bank; performs ongoing evaluation of current policies/procedures to ensure efficient processes and safeguards against risk and loss exposure. Updates procedural changes to ensure conformity and maximize performance and data integrity.
- Maintains a sound understanding of regulatory compliance; works with the compliance department to disseminate and/or interpret regulatory matters; ensures regulatory compliance revisions are communicated in a timely manner.
- Works with Product Management to assist in the review and evaluation of new or revised products or services, and may develop test scripts and coordinate testing in preparation of new bank products and/or services
- Works with the Training Department to ensure training classes and material(s) are in sync with “operational” policy/procedure and regulatory compliance.
- Supports bank acquisitions through thorough analysis of the risks and controls of the acquired bank's operations; determines the most cost-effective and least disruptive method of integration with CNB's policies and procedures; participates in product mapping and data mapping to support systems conversions; manages the integration of assigned operations until successfully converted.
- Communicates effectively with project team members, management and appropriate business unit(s).
- May provide approvals for internal functions, such as operating expense settlements and stop payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 7 years of branch operations experience in a banking environment
- Minimum 5 years of project mgmt. experience
- Minimum 4 years of Microsoft Excel experience required (with knowledge of vlook-up, if errors, pivot tables, macros, etc.) and with analyzing and reporting data
Skills and Knowledge
- Familiarity with database tables and data extraction tools such as Brio, Business Objects, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the bank's operational policies and procedures and regulatory compliance, and knowledge of current applications, utilities and tools required.
- Strong research techniques, and project management, analytical and user documentation skills.
- Ability to accept full accountability as business owner of specific application(s).
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written required.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of bank management and personnel required.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#CA-MA1Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website