PARALEGAL SR GOVERNANCE AND CORP TRANSACTION
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Paralegal-Governance and Corporate Transactions provides support to the Legal Department in the areas of corporate governance, entity management and corporate transactions. This position will provide assistance in the preparation of board meeting materials, corporate records (including minute books) for the Bank and its affiliates and other corporate regulatory filings, drafting legal documents and interacting with Corporate Secretary, Board of Directors and regulators as needed. This position will also assist with corporate transactions, including due diligence and closing preparation.
Legal and Corporate Administration Group
Make a meaningful difference as a member of City National's Legal & Corporate Administration Group, the area of the bank that manages legal and corporate governance, community reinvestment, corporate premises and corporate security.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Maintain corporate records for the Bank and its affiliates, including the preparation of written consents, organizational documents and other corporate documentation as needed for subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Responsible for dissolution and formation of entities as directed; ensure entities satisfy state registration requirements to remain in good standing; assist with entity reorganizations, contributions, dividends and other entity transactions.
- Maintain compliance calendars for significant entity and governance events in accordance with legal requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Assist with board meeting preparation, including preparation of agendas, materials and minutes; distribute materials via electronic board portal as needed.
- Assist with legal aspects of acquisitions and financing projects, including data room management, coordinating with different groups for due diligence; assist with closing documents, order certificates of good standing and any other special projects.
- Assist in maintaining corporate structure charts and subsidiary/affiliate lists.
- Assist in permitting/licensing on various matters, including interfacing with the Bank's regulators as directed.
- Assist with, obtain and distribute notarizations, apostilles, corporate filings and other corporate documents as needed; respond to requests for documents for audit and other review purposes.
- Work with other members of the legal team on special projects and initiatives as directed.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years of paralegal experience with a law firm or in-house required.
- A certificate of completion of a paralegal program approved by the American Bar Association.
Skills and Knowledge
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Paralegal skills essential. Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Strong research, writing, analytical, and communication skills -- both verbal and written required.
- Contract drafting skills preferred.
- Legal research and analysis (statutory and case law) experience required.
- Legal research experience with Westlaw, Lexis and internet preferred.
- Must be able to work accurately and effectively in a highly confidential, detail- and result-oriented environment.
- Effective interpersonal, customer service and communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of bank personnel and regulators.
- Must be self-motivated and be capable of working both independently as well as in a team.
- Effective project management, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong computer proficiency (Microsoft – Word, Excel and Outlook).
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website