SERVICE DESIGN SENIOR ANALYST
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Service Design Manager will provide portfolio-level strategic oversight for the design, development, modification, and implementation of mid- and long-term solutions within the ServiceNow platform to solve the most complex business and technical issues, making high-level design choices and recommending solutions that align the ITSM architecture to T&I strategic plans.The Service Design Manager will work closely with the Demand and Portfolio Lead, business stakeholders and IT teams to understand the holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and information technology assets, using this knowledge to ensure that the ServiceNow platform supports an efficient and secure IT environment that meets the company's needs. The Senior Analyst is an advanced senior professional with wide ranging experience uses professional concepts and to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways, with proven communication and organizational skills.Serves as an expert in own discipline or area of specialization. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Work with Product Owners and Process Owners at the behest of the Demand and Portfolio lead to identify strategic goals that can be supported by the ITSM platform. Participate in developing Demands based on those requirements that will end up in the Product or Process Portfolio. Advocate for the ITSM platform, utilizing best practices in solution design and data architecture.
- Communicate with the Colleagues in technical/non-technical terms, understand their business requirements, and provide suitable solutions. Collaborate with stakeholders to track, prioritize, and implement complex enhancement requests. Create user-training material and conduct classroom-style and 1x1 training sessions for our stakeholders. Develop technical solutions based on business and requirements in described layman's terms or language used by the business, and convey concepts and technical solutions back to the business in terms they understand.
- Acts as the technical or business consultant on project development/production health, new techniques and the implementation of new processes. Evaluates and makes recommendations on techniques, practices or technologies that would enhance business needs. Also ensures continuous process improvements. Document business cases, solution strategies, status tracking, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles associated with implementing service catalog and service request processes
- Technical Lead for ITSM implementations in architecture, design, development, implementation and maintenance of the ITSM platform development architecture principles. Provide design support for project implementations of ITSM applications. Prepares project phase reports, including requirements, feasibility, definition and design. May also review and validate requirements, definition and design to evaluate production impact and support requirements. Leverage both proven and innovative technology approaches to solve challenging business problems. Advise on options, risks, and impacts on business processes and ITSM technical architecture. Provide advanced application support to internal team members. Able to serve as a key subject matter expert and mentor Analyst level employees
- Interface with Product and Process Owners to capture business requirements and translate them into appropriate technical solutions. Lead the research, analysis, and development of new applications and new modules in our IT Service Management enterprise environment. Design complex ITSM workflows Implementation of ITSM, Discovery and Orchestration. Support or Involvement in application and ITSM platform upgrades. Coordinate and perform application upgrade testing in partnership with vendors and stakeholders.
- All other appropriate duties as required.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience as a key technical resource for large scale ITSM solutions
- 3+ years of experience as a ITSM Architect or ITSM Solution Consultant
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 8 years of experience with ServiceNow
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office, Project
- Ability to effectively verbalize, document, communicate and facilitate Business Analysis activities; identification, handling, status reporting, solution options and alternatives, change implementation of various changes to catalog and service request items for distribution in the IT environment, and ultimately made available to the Colleagues
- Ability to effectively document business cases, solution strategies, status tracking, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles associated with implementing service catalog and service request processes
- Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving IT Service Management practices based on the feedback.
- Builds positive relationships with all partners.
- Strong analytical, estimating and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Expert level of development and administration in ServiceNow
- Ability to develop high level design documents addressing the business, infrastructure, security, support and operational needs of a solution.
- Experience implementing and deploying the core suite of ITSM applications (Incident, Problem, Change, Service Catalog, Service Request, Asset Management, Knowledge Management), ITOM (Discovery, Orchestration, Service Mapping), and Performance Analytics.
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow System Administration Advanced training
- ITIL v3 Practicioner or Expert
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website