Job Details: SOFTWARE ENGINEER IV FILMTRACK
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Job responsibilities will entail collaborating with team members, product owners and customers to develop applications to service the needs of movie studios, independent film distributors, production companies, and others in the entertainment field. Projects will include developing new applications, integrations to third-party systems, developing new features in existing applications, refactoring and re-architecting existing features and being a contributor of ideas within the organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create, enhance and maintain areas of existing complex product as part of a team of developers.
- Work at every layer of the stack: front-end, middle-tier, service layer and data layer.
- Participate in SCRUM development process.
- Potentially work with team to rewire parts of the existing ASP.NET system into Angular.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Minimum of 6 years experience with ASP.NET and C# is required although retraining from other technologies and languages such as Java is available for talented individuals
- *Minimum of 6 years experience working in front-end, middle-tier, back-end. Specifically, experience wiring databases to web front-ends using either an object-based middle-tier or RESTful APIs (both are required).
- *Minimum six years experience working in a team environment, including use of source control, code reviews and CI/CD.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with ASP.NET and C#.
- Ability to wire up ASP.NET form to perform CRUD operations against a database.
- Ability to call RESTful APIs.
- Experience leading a team of developers desirable.
- Experience with databases, database design and SQL server in particular.
- General knowledge of accounting principles is helpful.
- Experience with Git, EntityFramework, Kendo, OData, JQuery and/or Angular desirable.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website