ACCOUNT MANAGER SENIOR ENT
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
This person is responsible for the day-to-day interaction with customers of the Entertainment Division. They are the primary contact person providing proactive and consultative support to resolve operations issues that may from time to time arise. Advises clients of the most effective combinations of products and services for their individual situation. Actively engages in meaningful conversations with clients to ensure that solutions are suggested and or provided that meet the ongoing business and operational needs. As the operational expert for the client, the Account Officer/Manager is positioned to proactively execute on the concepts developed by the Relationship Manager with minimal supervision. Is also instrumental as a liaison with other internal departments to provide the operational excellence to clients. Must be in good standing under "The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008" (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the "Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry"; or must be able to be registered under the Safe Act. Must remain in good standing under the Safe Act.
Entertainment Banking Division
Make your mark as a member of City National's Entertainment Banking group. You will help deliver sophisticated financial solutions through white-glove service to people and organizations in every facet of the entertainment business. City National has been a fixture in entertainment banking for more than 60 years, setting ourselves apart with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the industry.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Primary contact with customers/prospects for day-to-day operational needs, providing proactive, collaborative and consultative support. Responsible for the operational integrity of the assigned area of responsibility.
- Uses knowledge of bank products and services to consistently evaluate new opportunities for growth in relationships and recommending solutions to customers/prospects.
- Follows-through with plan designed by Relationship Manager for customer, as defined.
- Resolves problems, answers questions related to customer accounts and utilization of bank products and services. Works with customers and/or business management firms to assist in operations areas. Works directly with customers in handling all areas of operations (e.g., loan payments, wires, new accounts, checking and savings account activity, CD's, investments, etc.) to free Relationship Managers from performing these duties. Provide accurate, timely and extensive information to all customer inquiries and requests to ensure retention of existing profitable clients.
- Resolves customer complaints and takes appropriate action to prevent future problems. Contacts customers regarding overdrafts (or other related problems) and performs follow-up necessary to resolve situation. Determines appropriate method of approach.
- Analyzes customer needs in order to cross-sell a wide variety of Bank services. Directs customers to appropriate area within the Bank such as Investment Department, Trust Department, or to a Relationship Manager. Maintains complete knowledge of all banking products and services including technical proficiency with product utilization.
- Develops new business through referrals and existing clients. Participates in customer call program either independently or with Relationship Manager. Prepares call reports for management.
- Provides assistance and coverage for all operations-related activity within the department. Reviews and processes deposits. Approves checks for cashing. Prepares outgoing wire transfers. Prepares debit and credit entries to checking/saving accounts for transfers, loan payments, etc.
- Reviews large deposits and either approves or declines immediate credit based on knowledge of clientele, account balance, account history and other related factors within delegated authority. Approves deposits, transfers, overdrafts, and waivers of fees within specified authority limit.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of account activity by reviewing various reports (e.g., rejects, overdraft reports, large item reports, float reports, etc.) on a regular basis. Identifies potential problems and takes appropriate action necessary to avoid financial loss to the Bank.
- May set up merchant accounts by coordinating with Operations Support to arrange fees, credit card imprinters and authorization terminals, etc. May visit merchant site for verification purposes.
- Calls on past due Personal Overdraft Sweeps. Refers delinquencies and charge-offs to Special Asset Department for collection.
- Maintains a proactive commitment to established Bank programs, such as
- CustomerFirst, Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Affirmative Action.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum 6 years experience in client service, banking operations or relationship management support required.
- Minimum 6 years experience in a banking or financial services environment required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience with bank products and services (eg. deposits, wealth management, cash management, international, etc.) required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highest level of Account Manager requiring comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of operational banking functions including technical proficiency with product utilization and basic proficiency with all Treasury Products.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of bank operations and of all bank products and services (including, but not limited to Deposits, Wealth Management, Treasury Services, International, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of risk management and compliance policies and procedures, as well as regulatory requirements.
- Must be in good standing under “The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008” (Safe Act) and must be registered/licensed with the “Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry”; or must be able to be registered under the
- Colleagues typically have 8 years experience in banking operations and servicing or equivalent training and 5 years Entertainment industry experience.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website