Sr. Enterprise Solution Architect-Data
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY? Senior Solution Architect, Data is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining on-premises and cloud native data solutions. Understands how to develop data solutions that meet both front-end and back-end requirements. Designs, develops and maintains solutions, and provides technical guidance to other Team Members. Participates in creating SDLC, Architecture, Design and Coding standards. Identifies complex business problems and participates in generating solutions. Identifies performance issues, analyzes root causes and participates in performance improvement activities. Participates in remedying compliance issues. Documents and communicates problems, designs and solutions.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead and facilitate technical discovery and design workshops for strategic data focused solutions
- Possesses broad data domain knowledge and in-depth hands on experience with enterprise data management capabilities
- Perform analysis of performance; plan and execute activities for performance tuning, monitoring, deployment and production support
- Identifies, selects, and designs data management platforms to capture, integrate, and analyze data from many sources.
- Collaborate with business partners, architects and other groups to identify complex technical and functional needs of systems
- Delivering a project in true agile fashion and work cross functionally, where requirements are iteratively defined
- Look for opportunities to simplify data pipelines, existing or new architectures and vendor dependencies
- Recommend rationalization opportunities throughout the portfolio of data applications and systems
- Provide technical guidance to team members and solution architects
- Provide programming expertise and business analysis skills within broad business areas; as a senior member of a project team participate in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications
- Participate in data solution designs to meet technical specifications – guide team members and solution architects
- Create and recommend changes in development standards including data design, coding and testing standards
- Analyze and develop data models, logical database designs and data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- Comply with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices
- Minimum of 5+ years of software development experience including data architecture, data governance, data management, data modeling, business intelligence, advanced analytics, data warehousing and integration technologies
- Minimum 3+ years in enterprise-scale data architecture and data engineering projects with preferably 2+ years in cloud native data solutions.
- Minimum of 3+ years of data pipeline development, data architecture delivery including data modeling and data governance solutions
- Minimum of 3 years of experience incorporating data security into the application architectures
- Experience working in fully DevOps enabled environment
- Experience with developing data architecture, data coding standards and data patterns
- Experience working with several relational data solutions such as SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Experience working/supporting Data Science and/or Analytics teams
- Experience with analysis techniques and measurement tools to continuously build valuable insights and business recommendations
- Effective programming / query skills and knowledge of common data manipulation, visualization and analytical tools (Tableau, Power BI or similar).
Skills and Knowledge
- Large application design and implementation experience including architecture and design of modern web, mobile, and integration (cloud/on-premises) platforms
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills is required.
- Experience with Agile development methodology including Scrum, XP, FDD, TDD, and SAFe.
- Extensive experience with API management toolsets, DevOps, server infrastructure, network infrastructure, caching methodologies, information security, and database technologies
- Proven track record in generating alternative solution approaches and driving a pragmatic trade-off solution
- Proven track record of optimizing the development activities with a strong focus on DevOps and automation
- Significant experience documenting solution designs using a variety of approaches (e.g. using UML)
- Solid Experience with DDD, TDD and BDD - ability to direct and guide the team through these approaches
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and evaluate for fitness into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations
- Deep experience with reviewing code and suggesting refactoring for performance, quality and maintainability and other attributes
- Experienced in designing APIs, scale and secure them. Ability to integrate with internal and external systems and secure those integrations
- Experience integrating systems and applications with CRM systems like Salesforce
- Ability to operate and guide the team in all areas of the technology stack - front, middle tier and the backend
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and evaluate for fit into a specific business context through POCs and other evaluations - ability to orchestrate POCs and evaluations
- Ability to review code and suggest refactoring for performance, quality and maintainability and guide the team through related activities
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish.City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
#ca-jwEqual Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website