SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR III
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Systems Administrator will play key role in enhancing or upgrading existing applications as well as implementing and supporting new technology. This individual is responsible for the day to day administration, configuration, and performance monitoring of our vendor purchased and in-house developed software systems including desktop, client-server and web based applications.The Systems Administrator keeps abreast of new technologies and works with other teams to implement new hardware and software into our environment. You will also lead projects from planning through implementation, and manage vendor relationships.
Technology and Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Solve production and systems issues generated by incident tickets from the helpdesk.
- This includes troubleshooting, testing fixes, and implementing in production environment.
- This may include communication via meetings, e-mail, phone, or WebEx.
- Work on OSRs and work orders that come from the help desk.
- These typically involve granting access to applications, installing thick clients, providing reports and other information.
- Respond to ESP alerts that arrive via e-mail.
- Troubleshoot failed jobs and determine where the files originated and where the files are going.
- Follow up with other business units or vendors to get ETA on file arrivals.
- Make minor modifications to jobs and re-run jobs as needed.
- Manage and implement software and hardware upgrades and other projects.
- Work with the NOC and server team, external vendors, and other departments to coordinate and implement software and hardware upgrades including the weekly CNB.COM deployments.
- Participate in upgrade projects by designing, configuring, testing, implementing in development and production.
- Working with various business units, maintain existing applications by applying patches, new license files, fulfill new report requests, and perform additional configuration and make changes to security as needed.
- Respond to MessageWay alerts.
- Work with departments and external vendors to resolve why file transmissions have not arrived.
- Monitor and support all transmissions coming in and out of the Bank. Monitor and support all ESP Jobs.
- Create new and maintain existing documentation for various application support needs.
- Generate Ad-hoc reports for various business units and other minor requests for their needs.
- Take classes, attend conferences, and network to remain current in new technology and the skills required to support them.
- Participate in other application support projects and duties as needed or requested.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in system design, administration, application software and operations.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience providing end-user support for large corporate applications in a networked environment.
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems and environments.
- Good knowledge of IIS web servers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Including a strong ability to create positive and professional business relationships with internal clients.
- Strong commitment to working as a team and providing excellent customer service.
- Exposure to banking or other financial services software systems preferred.
- Understanding of local and wide area networks, protocol and simple network troubleshooting preferred.
- Understanding of administration tools for database troubleshooting (e.g. SQL Enterprise Manager) preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint administration desired.
- Previous experience writing simple automation scripts using any language (VBScript, PowerShell, etc.) preferred.
*To be considered for this position you must meet at least these basic qualifications
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
City National Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by law.
ABOUT CITY NATIONAL
We start with a basic premise: Business is personal. Since day one we've always gone further than the competition to help our clients, colleagues and community flourish. City National Bank was founded in 1954 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs and that legacy of integrity, community and unparalleled client relationships continues to drive phenomenal growth today. City National is a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Canada, one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Apply on company website