DescriptionSHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
*** Up To $5,000 Sign-On Bonus***
For a limited time, Chippenham Hospital is offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus to Central Sterile Technicians with at least 1 year of experience.
Current HCA employees do not qualify.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career by applying today to join the Central Sterile Supply Department at Chippenham Hospital as a Certified Central Sterile Technician.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system, HCA Healthcare, Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. We specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
We were awarded the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval and named as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Our Operating Room:
- 18 OR Suite
- Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in the department
- Types of surgeries conducted: da Vinci, Trauma, Ortho, Cardiothoracic, ENT, Vascular, Pediatrics, Urology, Plastics, and General Surgery
- Supportive culture focused on fostering educational opportunities, specialty certification, and clinical ladders
- Leaders in our department have a passion for supporting everyone in reaching their professional goals
As a Certified Central Sterile Technician, you will be responsible for activities related to decontamination, assembly, packaging, and sterilization of instruments. In addition, you will:
- Assist the Surgical Services team by helping direct the workflow in the Central Sterile Supply department, setting priorities, and meeting deadlines for the department.
- Possess a working knowledge of surgical instruments and central sterile equipment and techniques.
- Receive, clean, process, assemble and distribute medical supplies, equipment and surgical instruments.
- Handle, transport, pull and store sterile equipment, supplies, and instruments for surgical cases.
- Acquire, distribute, and charge disposable supplies and patient rental equipment.
- Sterilize reusable equipment, supplies and instrumentation.
- And be a vital part of a team of committed, caring group of colleagues!
- Evening Shift
- Weekend and Holiday Rotations
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
Required: High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Required: Successful completion of a Central Sterile Supply Certification Program.
Required: Central Sterile Supply Certification.
Required: At least 1 year of experience as a Central Sterile Technician.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website