DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Tucker Pavilion, at HCA Virginia's Chippenham Hospital, has been committed to the Behavioral Health needs of our community for over 100 years. We offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient and emergency services for children, adolescents, adults and geriatric patients in our newly renovated units. Tucker Pavilion, a Leader in Behavioral Health:
- 137 Bed Psych Hospital offering of care continuum – crisis team on site, inpatient/acute care for all ages, partial hospitalization for adolescents/adults
- Use of audiovisual technology to offer Behavioral Health Needs assessments to HCA Virginia's Emergency Departments
- Partnership with the community in offering a Crisis Triage Center
- Injection of clinical pathways in programming
- Diverse array of therapeutic offerings – yoga, 12 step support, NAMI peer support, spiritual, pet therapy, gym on site, and more
- Quality focus with outcome measurements injected into clinical programming
- Four Child Psychiatrists
- Host site for Behavioral Health clinical nursing rotation.
- Collaborates with other treatment team members in patient treatment planning.*
- Facilitates activity therapy groups and provides individual leisure/recreational counseling as indicated.*
- Collaborates with other treatment team members in patient discharge planning.
- Works collaboratively with supervisor, and other activity therapy staff members to plan, schedule and implement appropriate activity therapy groups.*
- Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff.*
- Manages safety and orderliness of activity therapy work areas.*
REQUIRED: Previous, successful activity therapy related internship or employment experience
PREFERRED: Previous, successful activity therapy work experience in behavioral healthcare setting
REQUIRED: two year degree or completion of some undergraduate coursework in Activity Therapy related field of study: Therapeutic Recreation, Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Special Education
PREFERRED: One year of employment experience, certification as activity therapist.
Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider
- Full Time
- Day Shift
Why join HCA – CJW Medical Center?
- Matching 401K
- Low Deductibles for Health, Vision, and Dental
- Team Culture
- Passion for patient care
- Career Advancement through Clinical Ladder
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
“We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.”
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website