SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital? Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here! At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU):
- 17 bed Stepdown Unit
- Provides care for a variety of patients; specializes in Geriatric care.
- Opportunities available to cross-train and float to the Intensive Care Unit
- You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the direction and supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
- Document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence.
- You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
- You will perform hourly rounding and respond to call lights and patient requests while striving to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Currently enrolled and in good standing in a Registered Nursing program.
- One year of nursing school completion preferred.
- American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required.
- PRN, weekend and holiday requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website