DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Case Management teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune's 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Responsibilities of RNs in our Case Management Department:
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
We cover all areas of the hospital including the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), the Emergency Department, Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), as well as Same-Day Surgery. Using strong critical thinking skills our Case Manager RNs and Social Workers multi-task in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment to develop, implement, and evaluate individualized patient care plans.
Reviews health records for appropriateness of application of 2 Midnight Rule for initial review of all Medicare admissions. Performs continued stay reviews of trauma patients for appropriateness based on InterQual® criteria.
- Performs admission and concurrent reviews for all payors and maintains legible documentation as directed by the Utilization Management Plan.
- Reviews patient notes identifying and addressing any conflict in medical orders or lack of management plan.
- Builds a rapport by providing continuity of care with patients and acting as their advocate throughout their hospital stay.
- Collaborates between multiple care givers and fosters communication between medical teams and nursing staff.
- Identifies and intervenes to coordinate care of trauma patients in relation to appropriateness of level of care, length of stay and resource utilization issues.
- Identifies barriers to discharge and contacts relevant personnel to overcome these.
- Initiates and monitors referral process of patients post discharge.
- Identifies, tracks, and records Avoidable Days [AD], intervening to prevent or decrease as appropriate.
- Initiates denial and appeal process in accordance with policy.
- Demonstrates awareness of current trends that influence health care practice and assures compliance with professional, regulatory, governmental and organization standards.
What Sets Us Apart:
"I am new to the Case Management and what I love most is how friendly the co-workers are. This unit is AMAZING!" – AW
"I enjoy the staff that I work with and the challenging patients" – TH
"I love my co-workers, the leadership team, and the flexibility"- ES
Check Us Out and Like Us on Facebook!
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Virginia as a Registered Nurse (required)
- Case Management Certification through AACN (preferred)
- 5+ years of recent clinical experience (required)
- Commercial Utilization Management and/or Case Management experience (preferred
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including dental, student loan repayment, tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website