Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Cognizant is looking for a Solution Architect to join our Digital Engineering practice. You are a trusted advisor, responsible for providing an approach for the overall project. As a subject matter expert, you will drive technology discussions and analyze the existing architecture for gaps in addressing business needs. You are a thought leader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current services and technologies.
About Cognizant Digital Engineering: Well-designed software transcends digital technology, going beyond the fulfillment of basic requirements to focus instead on human needs. Within Cognizant Digital Engineering, we help clients develop software products that transform human insights into tangible, production-ready digital solutions. We also work with our clients to scale their native cloud applications. Using insights from the lived experiences of our consumers, we seamlessly replace traditional service strategies with engaging, precise, and direct digital applications. Designing great software is vital to success in the digital economy—and we understand that a human-centric approach is key to this design.
Locations preferred but not limited to: Denver, Tampa, Chicago, Charlotte, Houston & Dallas, TX, SFO, Atlanta, NY/NJ
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Design and develop future-ready digital solutions for customers across industry verticals.
- Create digital technology solutions and program roadmaps by collaborating with strategy and design consultants.
- Assess and Design IT architecture strategies for cloud and PaaS platforms
- Monitor all production issues and inquiries and provide efficient resolution.
- Evaluate all functional requirements, map documents and troubleshoot all development processes.
- Collaborate with application groups to prepare effective solutions for all programs.
- Document all technical specifications and associates' project deliverables.
- Design all test cases to provide support to all systems and perform unit tests.
- Collaborate with Cognizant internal stakeholders, product vendors, other third party service providers and the customer in the strategic design process to translate business needs into platform/custom solutions
- Demonstrate technical expertise in modern Cognizant Digital Engineering and associated technologies, cloud platforms, data quality, governance and architecture – Cloud Native, Microservices and APIs,Reactive Systems, Analytics & Streaming Pipelines, Devops – CI/CD
- Develop and demonstrate proof of concepts
- Lead technology consulting engagements, solution workshops and due diligence
- Determine the availability and viability of third-party components and services as needed
- Develop and design specifications for integration, products and technologies
- Design quality control and test procedures to ensure the deliverables meet established design and performance goals
- Drive RFP creation, deliver on client requests and identify opportunities in line with account strategies
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Engineering subjects
- 15+ years of experience in IT Consulting or in a solution architect role
- Strong background in solution architecture preferably with tier-1 IT services companies or in a captive IT setup
- Proficiency in Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools
- Extensive hands-on experience in PaaS (Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk) and IaaS environments (Azure, AWS, Google etc.)
- Experience in designing and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
- Expert understanding in Java/JEE/.NET, SOA, ESB, Messaging, BPM, Events
- Working knowledge of Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, and ability to design cloud-native applications
- In-depth understanding of Domain Drive Design, and 12-Factor applications
- Demonstrated project management leadership
- Excellent communication skills and able to successfully articulate technology concepts to both business and technology audience
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and propose reference architectures and technology solutions. Capable to present options and weigh implementation complexities and risks to recommend the right technical decision
- Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture, as well as experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Banking & Financial Services industry domain experience (Retail/Commercial Banks, Capital Markets, Cards & Payment, Mortgage)
- Experience in multiple technology platforms and domains
Job Location : Teaneck, New Jersey, United States || San Francisco, California, United States
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 15 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website