Patient Advocate- Remote (Cleveland area)
Cognizant Technologies and Bolder Healthcare Solutions are currently hiring for Patient Advocates to join our team as remote employees in the Cleveland area. We are currently hiring for full-time schedules that offer the benefits of work from home. We are seeking professional, motivated individuals who are compassionate about helping those in need.Schedule: M-F 8:00a-4:30p Position Description:
The Patient Advocate will assist clients with applications for benefits through Medicaid, Social Security Disability and/or hospital charity program assistance. We ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for health care services is received for patients onsite at a local hospital. This includes assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications and other paperwork. Other duties will be assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient's eligibility for Medicaid and charity programs
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained
- Manage caseload. (uphold daily productivity standards)
- Computer proficiency skills are required
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports
- Maintain database (This would include documentation of face-to-face and telephone patient contacts. Daily goals will be assigned and monitored)
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with hospital staff
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Degree preferred but not required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is preferred but not required
- Must be willing to work remotely from home
- We are seeking professionals who are compassionate about helping those in need
- Previous experience working with Medicaid eligibility and/or in a medical office setting is an advantage
- Must have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managerial skills
- Flexibility is a must in both schedule and job duties
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jul 10 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website