Quality Assurance Analyst
This position may be filled at these alternative locations: Kansas City, MO / St. Louis, MO / Cincinnati, OH / Missoula, MT / Virtual
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is an instrumental member of the project team, helping to ensure that a solution is fit for end user's needs. QA Analysts work closely with the entire project team to review the overall functional and non-functional requirements, while keeping a user's perspective in mind. Activities in this role will include analyzing non-functional requirements and technical designs, translating functional requirements into test cases, identifying defects and driving them to resolution. Ideally, candidates will possess a drive for thinking creatively to resolve complex problems and enjoy contributing to solutions regardless of their functional role within a project team.
- Advise: Review functional/operational requirements and design specifications; advise Project Management, Business Analysts, and/or Testing Leads regarding requirements and design testability. Be an outspoken advocate for QA best practices during all stages of a project
- Planning: Develop, communicate, and implement comprehensive QA strategies to ensure testing coverage over the duration of a project
- Collaboration: Collaborate with client stakeholders and business users to understand use cases and requirements in order to better advocate for business users. Collaborate with project and business teams to reproduce, analyze, and document software defects.
- QA Mastery: Understands QA fundamentals and can apply these to a variety of project types. Able to create and execute test cases, stay organized in testing efforts, and accurately identify, document, and report software defects
- Demonstrates success and experience in the following areas:
- Entry- level QA: Strong consultative and analytical skills; some knowledge of software development lifecycle preferred
- Mid-level QA: Proven experience creating and executing test cases while leveraging various test heuristics to validate that solutions are working as expected
- Senior- level QA: Proven experience working on multiple Quote to Cash (Q2C) implementations involving CPQ, CLM, CRM, Billing, or ERP platforms (including e-Business, SaaS applications, or cloud-based transformations/integrations). Ability to stay organized and effective on complex engagements involving multiple workstreams or QA team members. Demonstrated background of success in leading and managing small to medium sized test teams
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability through self-directed task management
- CPQ or Billing experience is a plus
- Deep knowledge of testing best practices as applied to SaaS cloud platforms
- Proven abilities in test plan and test case development and execution
- Comfortable using a variety of test case management and issue tracking platforms
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum disciplines preferred
- Experience with end-to-end system development lifecycle of SaaS implementation projects preferred
- Hands on experience tracking and reporting defects, issues and overall results to peers and management
- Able to work closely with QA Automation resources to identify test automation use cases
- Self-motivated and ability to excel in team oriented environment, yet able to work independently requiring minimal direction.
- Exemplifies a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Has a fundamental understanding of business practices and basic knowledge of information management systems, with the drive and ability to learn quickly
- Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to manage time efficiently and achieve maximum productivity
- Proves a willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during period of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones and delivery deadlines
- Communicates with clarity and impact, understanding how the message has been received
- Experience with Salesforce.com setup and user interface highly desired
- Exhibits high energy and drive, brings enthusiasm and the ability to engage with people at multiple levels on projects and meetings
- Is firm and decisive, willing to make unpopular decisions when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience in the following technologies are preferred (but not required): Salesforce CPQ, Salesforce Billing, Apttus CPQ, Apttus CLM, Gotransverse TRACT, Spring CM CLM, Conga CLM and other related solutions, Xactly SPM solutions, Aria billing platform, Salesforce Communities and Cloud Craze
Salesforce Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Zuora, Oracle Big Machines, Calidus Cloud Solutions, Netsuite, Mulesoft, and other SaaS/Cloud Q2C and related solutionsEducation:
- 4-year degree in a technical or business field of study preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Quote to Cash process (CPQ, Order Management, Billing, and CRM) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% (subject to change at any time based off project demands)
Cognizant will not sponsor H-1B or other U.S. work authorization, or lawful permanent residence (otherwise known as a “Green Card”) for this role.
Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 30 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website