Solution Consultant Position Overview: The Solution Consultant helps current and potential clients solve issues, create value, maximize growth and improve the business performance. The individual uses their business and analytical skills to provide objective advice, expertise and specialist skills which the client may be lacking. The individual identifies options for the client and suggests recommendations for change, as well as playing a key role in new solution implementations. Projects can vary in length depending on the type of consulting needed and the demands of the client. The project can involve an individual or a large team and may be based in one location or across various sites.
- Collaboration: Carries out research and data collection to understand our clients or potential clients. Interviews clients' employees, management teams and other stakeholders to assess the problem
- Communication: Be a liaison to the clients to keep them informed of progress and to make relevant decisions. Provide regular status reporting to clients and internal stakeholders
- Knowledge: Possesses a sound working knowledge of, and hands on experience with business/systems analysis
- Demonstrates success and experience in the following areas:
- Entry level SC: Strong consultative and customer service skills; some knowledge of software development lifecycle preferred
- Mid-level SC: Experience within IT Delivery type projects; some cloud-based implementations or relatable transferrable experience
- Senior level SC: Proven experience working on multiple Quote to Cash(Q2C) platforms involving CPQ, CLM, CRM, Billing or ERP enterprise implementations (including e-Business, SaaS applications or cloud-based transformations/integrations) highly desired
- Possesses the ability to work independently and in teams with a thorough knowledge and understanding of various operating systems and commonly used software applications, diagnostic tools and network utilities
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Leads the end to end-to-end system development life cycles of SaaS software implementation projects
- CPQ or Billing experience is a plus
- Exemplifies a high degree of personal integrity and interpersonal skills and abilities
- Has a fundamental understanding of business practices and basic knowledge of information management systems, with the drive and ability to learn quickly
- Sets priorities, goals, and timetables to manage time efficiently and achieve maximum productivity
- Proves a willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during period of heavy workload in order to meet project milestones and delivery deadlines
- Communicates with clarity and impact, understanding how the message has been received
- Experience with Salesforce.com setup and user interface highly desired
- Exhibits high energy and drive, brings enthusiasm and the ability to engage with people at multiple levels on projects and meetings
- Is firm and decisive, willing to make unpopular decisions when necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-year degree in a technical or business field of study preferred
- Knowledge of Quote to Cash process (CPQ, Order Management, Billing, and CRM) a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50% (subject to change at any time based off project demands)
- Desired locations are ATG Delivery Centers, located in Missoula, MT, Cincinnati, OH, Kansas City, MO or St. Louis, MO, however for senior experienced professionals working virtual may be an option.
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.1ApttusPL1Required2CPQ-Visual Modeler IntegrationPL1Required3SalesforcePL1Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric ReferencePL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Jan 08 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Apply on company website