General Books Accounting Specialist
The General Books Accounting Specialist role will be responsible for the day to day oversight of the General Books Accounting team, supervising and reviewing the team's daily and recurring processing, and performing review and approval of the team's monthly aging and reconciliations. The role will also be sponsible for performing assigned general Accounting functions for the Company and its Affiliates, including processing General Ledger (GL) and related activity, and performing certain GL Aging and Reconciliations. The role will also assist in preparing certain reports and filings, responding to various regulator and internal and external auditor queries, and may contribute to special projects and initiatives as opportunities arise. Position Responsibilities
Oversee and review the General Books team's daily and recurring work, ensuring it is performed in an accurate, organized and timely manner. Primary functions of the team include:
- Research and clear rejected General Ledger entries (GL Suspense Accounts).
- Monitor of certain general ledger clearing and in-transit accounts; research and clearing of outstanding items.
- Monitor and reconciliation of certain Company Internal Bank Deposit (intercompany cash) account daily activity, ensuring items post and clear correctly and on a timely basis.
- Process the daily cash settlement of various intercompany bank activities.
- Process Batch Control for banking activities processed in upstream subledger systems; research and resolve "out of balance" situations.
- Maintain the GL Signature Form database in a timely and accurate manner; ensuring related requests are responded to in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process all G/L Requisition Orders for other areas of the Company in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist various departments by posting properly authorized accounting Journal Entries, including ensuring appropriate GL accounts are utilized.
- Other miscellaneous processing.
- Ensure appropriate job coverage is maintained during team members' PTO, including directly covering functions as needed.
- Supervisory experience or responsibility for training or directing others preferred.
- Manage the preparation and filing of Comerica Bank's FR 2900 Deposit Reports and the related reporting responsibilities: Perform the daily review and balancing of the Report; prepare the Annual Report (June 30); prepare the Quarterly Call Report Comparisons; prepare responses to recurring Fed Analyst inquiries on variances and other issues.
- Determine and process GL entries for Comerica Ventures warrant and investment-related transactions and provide monthly/quarterly reporting summaries of activity.
- Determine and process GL entries for World Asset Management monthly transactions, including determining prepaid and accrual related entries.
- Determine and process GL entries for Comerica Assurance related activity, including processing Premium transfers and performing quarterly true-ups of Comerica Assurance quarterly financial statements.
- Perform accounting for Fed Account interest, including posting receipts and determining and posting related accruals.
- Process other Affiliate-related transactions as assigned.
- Process the "Comerica Management Company Fee Assessment" calculation and related GL entries at month-end to appropriately assess and report intercompany activities.
- Perform other miscellaneous accounting functions as assigned.
- Review the team's monthly agings and reconciliations to ensure they are prepared in an accurate, organized, and timely manner.
- Prepare assigned monthly agings and reconciliations of DDA and general ledger accounts in an accurate, organized, and timely manner.
- Ensure aging issues and unreconciled differences which are identified during the preparation process are followed-up on and resolved.
- Prepare reconciliation and agings to allow adequate time for Management review and approval.
- Assist Management in responding to internal and external auditor requests.
- Ensure the General Books team maintains compliance with all Information Lifecycle record retention requirements.
- Ensure the General Books team maintains current documentation of all key accounting and reporting procedures.
- Perform responsibilities of Planning Liaison for Accounting Operations Business Continuity Plan, including maintaining and updating the Plan and coordinating the Call Tree and related exercises.
Apply on company website